What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help a geezer

droseraguy

Illinois
Ok, I have finally had and have to come out of the closet. Most of the abbreviations that are being thrown about mean just shy of nothing to me.

For example I just learned today that IIRC means "if i remeber correctly" never would have figured that out...

BTW "by the way" and IMHO " in my humble opinion" I think I've got down.

All the rest of you hip young cats want to fill me and the rest of us "slower folk" in on the secret codes and handshakes ??

I know this will help out Jimscott for sure as he usually is too shy to just speak up about such things. So this one is for you too buddy !

Let those abbreviations fly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (droseraguy @ Oct. 20 2006,2:55)]I know this will help out Jimscott for sure as he usually is too shy to just speak up about such things. So this one is for you too buddy !
Shy? I beg to differ...When he first came on board he was asking questions right and left about every thing.

All that stuff can easisly mean something else to a different group of people... here are a few ideas of what IIRC means:
If I Recall/Remember Correctly
Interactive Illinois Report Card
If I Really Cared
Internet Information Research Center
If I Read Correctly
If It Really Counts
Image and Identity Research Collective
International Internet Recruiting Consultants, Inc.
Information Integrity Research Centre (UK) International Inter-Society Research Committee (on Nuclear Codes and Standards)
Isn't It Really Cool
Impedance Imaging Research Center (Korea)
Immunity and Infection Research Centre
International Interpretation Resource Center
Investor Responsibility Research Center

Bottom line- You'll never know what they REALLY mean. LOL

Oh- what do I mean by "LOL"? well, it could be one of the following:

Laugh Out Loud
Life of Loan (banking)
Land of Lincoln
Land O' Lakes
Love of Life
Lands of Lore (game)
Legend of Legaia (video game)
Lots Of Love
Loss of Life (insurance)
Lots Of Luck
Little Old Lady
List of Links
Loads of Love
Life of the Land

Have a good day
smile.gif
And good luck!!

your just out to cause trouble arent you? how in the heck did you ecome a Mod anyways?!?!?!
smile_n_32.gif

Thanks adnedarn or should I say A Darn Near Enthusiastic Display About Relative Nonesense ? You've made my brain hurt some more ! Really, taking away rattlers squares and tipping me over the deep end... at least it's Friday.

Thanks Capslock
smile.gif

Adnedarn, I don't understand; please tell us what REALLY stands for.
;P
~Joe

BTW- those I listed above came from a site.... http://www.acronymfinder.com I was just giving a point... People have started abbriviating everything so it could mean anything. Sorry you all found my reply not helpful.
Andrew

you were just confusing the poor geezer.........................bad Andrew........bad Andrew...............................
smile_n_32.gif

Well them my point made it across!! Don't try to shorten stuff. It just confuses people :-D

Unless you're one of us hip, young people, and you understand it. ROTFLMAO.

-Ben

You better not be calling the mid 70's old!
cool.gif

Back