What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

just downloaded firefox!

having just downloaded firefox today, i'm curious what plugins and extensions everyone is using?

links would be much appreciated!

thanks!
tech...

Let's see... I haven't gotten a whole lot installed this time around.

Downloadthemall: let's you download things off of a webpage more easily. Say there's a thread with a bunch of pictures you want, you can tell it to download all image files and you can exclude things you know you don't want or tell it to be more broad or specific. Their website.

Adblock: Let's you block images, flash files, etc, that you don't want to see. You can use an asterisk as a wildcard so you can block all content from a given domain or folder. Handy for getting rid of all ads, or just the really anoying ones that you really don't want to see.
Website here.

And that's all I've gotten around to getting (minus some of the stuff I doubt you'd be interested in; just coding stuff.) Enjoy!

thanks est!

i already downloaded adblock plus and the automatic update thing for it.

i'll check out the other link you gave me.

peace,
tech...

I have IE view- it's good for those sites that just dont' work in fire fox (yes there are some) you just right click the page in firefox when you notice it's not working, and select open in IE and it does just that. I think you can set it to always open that page in IE too... But I've never set that up.

Another I use is ReloadEvery which just reloads the page to a time interval you set up. I use it for browser based real time games
smile.gif

Enjoy

I second IE view - it does come in handy whenever you find a page that doesn't work in firefox. Unfortunately, it happens so infrequently that I always forget I have that option and just curse the server for being down for a half day until I realize the real problem.

Tab X - adds a close button to each tab you open up. I find this very handy.

Enjoy the world with tabbed browsing!

xvart.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (xvart @ Oct. 22 2006,4:48)]Enjoy the world with tabbed browsing!
I'm not sure you can really say that... The new IE was released just a few days ago (news was reporting it) and I think it has tabbed browsing... I havn't gotten around to upgrading it yet to know for sure though. I'd still stick with firefox just for all the security and lesser conflicts.
smile.gif

Here're two more that I have: ShowIP: Show the IP address of the current page in the status bar. It also allows querying custom services by IP (right mouse button) and Hostname (left mouse button), like whois, netcraft. Additionally you can copy the IP address to the clipboard. This extension was formerly known as ipv6ident.

Can't remember why I wanted this one but I thought it was interesting at the time.
smile_n_32.gif

NoScript: Extra protection for your Firefox: NoScript allows JavaScript, Java and other executable content only for trusted domains of your choice...

Pros - Eliminate flash adds (they irratate the hell out of me!) and can speed up page download.

Cons: Has to be tweeked for each page you visit that uses flash or java scripts. This includes java scripts that enable links to another page, e.g. you click a link or "next" link and nothing happens.

Then for the heck of it:
Leet Key: Transforms typed or static text to L337, ROT13, BASE64, HEX, URL, BIN, DES Morse code, DVORAK keyboard layout and to lower/to upper case functionality, Leet Font.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Oct. 22 2006,7:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (xvart @ Oct. 22 2006,4:48)]Enjoy the world with tabbed browsing!
I'm not sure you can really say that... The new IE was released just a few days ago (news was reporting it) and I think it has tabbed browsing... I havn't gotten around to upgrading it yet to know for sure though. I'd still stick with firefox just for all the security and lesser conflicts.
smile.gif
Yes, I did see that also. However, I do not know how widespread the new IE is and I read in the newsrelease that the new version would also be included in the next security update for windows - so until that time I imagine its usage might be more underground or by diehards.

xvart.

A couple more I remembered:

ExtensionManager 2.0 : Formally known as the ExtensionUninstaller, this extension gives you an interface to manage your installed extensions.

and

Colorful Tabs 1.4: Colors every tab in a different color and makes them easy to distinguish.......

I have Adblock Plus, Forecaster Fox, Foxytunes, IE Tab, and Tab Mix Plus.

Back