What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sony Cybershot help

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Any good photographers in here? I've got a Sony cybershot 5.0 megapixels. It says mpegmovie VX on the top.

I suck. No matter how hard I try I can't take good pics! How Do I take a Macro? I try to zoom in close but it never focuses. It seems like I cant keep my hands steady. I think i've got parkinsons disease when it comes to photography.

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01052-1.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

See the blurry pics? It looks crisp on the screen untill I upload them and then i'm like "OH MY GOD!!!! I"M BLIND!"

Hehe, sorry for the crappy looking terrarium and etoliated Dro's. I've been slacking off on the maintenance and the marston's dragon didin't like being moved inside.

Did you put the camera in macro mode?  Press the button that looks like a flower. Also, your shutter speed is way too low. Take the pictures where there's more light.

Yep. The flower icon was on the screen.

How do I make the shutter speed faster? Do digital cameras have shutters?

You know, your manual probably has a whole section on "What if my photos are blurry?" that would help you a lot faster than we can. There should be some sort of "check if your blah blah blah is on" and contain suggestions for making sure your photos come out clear. We ourselves can only give somewhat random suggestions, unless you come across someone else who owns the camera.

Random suggestions on my part: Make sure you have plenty of light when making shots. When taking macro shots, remember that a camer lense is just like the lense in your eye, if you stick something right up to your face, it becomes blurry and you can't read off of it. Since you're in macro mode and thus zoomed in quite a bit, a small shaking willlead to a big blur. Steady your hands on things (eg, one the first picture I see what looks the rim of a terrarium, if you could rest part of your hand or wrist, or even part of the camera on it, it may help you steady yourself. Check to make sure you don't have a setting going on that's telling the shutter to stay open a long time (because that makes your shakes have a lot more effect.) Oh, and don't forget to peak at your manual. If you don't know where it is, you can probably find an electronic copy on the Sony website.

Trust me, you can do it. I've got the shakes too, AND I've got banana hands, but I still manage.
smile_m_32.gif

I know it helps if I change the contrast and add more light...

Thanks guys! I really do gotta find that manual!

And it never crossed my mind to not zoom it a lot when I take macros.. Thanks!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And it never crossed my mind to not zoom it a lot when I take macros..

The wobble factor is inherent when taking macro shots. It's just that you're focusing on a small point (pretty much equates to your lense is just zoomed in very far) so small movements on your end make big changes as to what the lense is looking at.

Find that manual! Like I said, it's possible that you find it online. However, if you look at the suggestions in this thread, you should be well on your way. Give it a go and let us know.

Edit--
link for sony online manuals

Back