What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A guy on my fish forum was attacked!

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
OMG! That's terrible! I bet that's painful! I hope he doesn't need to get surgery! I can't believe it chipped off a piece of his bone...amazing!

Rule #1 of dangerous pets: If they can then they will

I'm with Pyro: if you own a dangerous pet, you must be willing to face the eventual consequences. A rule I've often heard in venomous reptile keeping is "It's not if you'll get bitten, it's when." Everyone makes mistakes, and when working with a dangerous animals, those mistakes can have consequences. If you don't want to deal with the consequences, don't buy the animal.

Mokele

Well it is a Piranha....

I'm glad he isn't pissed at the fish.

Uhmm you guys realize that The fish was in a net trying to jump out, and he was trying to keep it in with his hand, his mistake was putting the fish in a net, and not a bucket.

I've kept Piranhas before.

The one I had was very shy and I could clean the tank without removing him. He just went and hid in the corner. Maybe not the safest thing to do.

Here's a link to some pics:
http://www.geocities.com/elgecko1989/odds_ends.html

I believe I would be having filet of piranha in my future.

Now i'm not so sure if getting a pet piranha is a good thing.

Im sure having a piranah is fine, its the way you handle them is weather or not you get bit you acutaly have to rember they are still wild animals runnin on instinct.

yeah I guess so???

By the way:Im sure having a piranah is fine, its the way you handle them is WEITHER or not you get bit you acutaly have to rember they are still wild animals runnin on instinct.
smile_n_32.gif
( I'm sorry, I just felt a little picky)

Me and spelling dont get along, But just as long as you rember that its an animal, and show respect im sure you wont have any accidents, until you get sloppy!

Why did you put graphic images?

What a thrill! Talk about a mean looking scar. What I wonder is, apparently the fish stayed in the net after the incident or did the fish fall to the ground (or maybe in the bucket) afterwards because I am curious about what he did after being mauled.

"Well I just almost lost my finger, let me finish putting this fish in the bucket..." or "oh no, I dropped my fish that just devoured my hand. I need to get him into a bucket of water while bleeding all over creation..."

Anyway, sounds exciting. I wish I had a fish tank, especially after reading some experiences in the TF saltwater forum.

xvart.

edit: BTW I believe it is "whether" - not that it really matters.

What's thrilling about having your hand chewed up and possibly having permanent damage to nerves and mobility?
confused.gif
Scars don't mean anything. Just shows you had an injury.

That is gross.
smile_t_32.gif
I hope it heals ok and you don't have to have surgery on it.

Hey pak, just imagine all the chicks he'd pick up!

"What's that scar from?!"

"Oh, I got attacked by a PIRANHA!"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Oct. 26 2006,3:45)]What's thrilling about having your hand chewed up and possibly having permanent damage to nerves and mobility?
confused.gif
Scars don't mean anything. Just shows you had an injury.

That is gross.
smile_t_32.gif
I hope it heals ok and you don't have to have surgery on it.
Oh I agree that it is too bad that it happened and it is a disaster. I meant it was thrilling in the same way that people watch scary movies. I certainly would not want to happen to me (or anyone) but I enjoy hearing these "war stories" from people with passions and interests in somewhat dangerous areas.

I did not mean thrilling as in how exciting and I wish that would happen to me for the rush!

xvart.

Back