What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOW! Great photo tour Seandew! Definitely worth the wait while they loaded.
cool.gif

Oh man! AMAZING! That Shingleback lizard is so cute man! I totally want one! Those grass trees are really cool, too.

I'm not sure which I like better, the dro's or the orchids
biggrin.gif

sweet, love the pics, the first one reminded me of here......... the lil grass trees reminded me of our Yucca
smile_n_32.gif
feel free to post pics like that anytime!

AMAZING!!! Thank you for sharing! I love those spotted sun orchids!
smile.gif

wow!! thanks for sharing!

The pics are awesome! And those U. dichotoma are breathtaking!! Has that variety been introduced into cultivation yet? Or, would it be called U. uniflora?

-Ben

that is fantastic. WOW..amazing pics.
biggrin.gif
thanx for sharing.
smile.gif

Sean, absolutely stunning! I loved all of the photos, especially of the orchids! also nice to see these "exotic" species in cultivation growing in a roadside ditch!
smile.gif
Thank you for sharing your adventure with us here.

Dustin

OMG!!!! they look awsome! I sooooo wish that I could have went with you! Very nice pics by the way, did you get a pro to take them or just a buddy?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Oct. 28 2006,12:22)]The pics are awesome! And those U. dichotoma are breathtaking!! Has that variety been introduced into cultivation yet? Or, would it be called U. uniflora?

-Ben
That form of U. dichotoma is in a select few collections. It is quite difficult to maintain. It is similar to U. uniflora, but probably only in colour. Otherwise it is quite distinct. It is easily grown from seed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Farmer Dave @ Oct. 28 2006,1:32)]OMG!!!! they look awsome! I sooooo wish that I could have went with you! Very nice pics by the way, did you get a pro to take them or just a buddy?
Thanks, maybe one day. Should anybody ever be down in this part of the world I'll be happy to show them around.

Almost all shots were taken by me (with the exception of 3-4). All were taken using either of my 2 cameras. A friend who came along forgot to bring his camera with him so used my second one for the entire trip.

Have you seen Cephalotus follicularis in it's natural habitat yet? What about any Byblis?

Man I've got to go to Australia!

By the way, last year at my middle school there was an australian kid and he had that cool accent, so I was wondering if you have the same?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Farmer Dave @ Oct. 28 2006,7:23)]Have you seen Cephalotus follicularis in it's natural habitat yet? What about any Byblis?

Man I've got to go to Australia!

By the way, last year at my middle school there was an australian kid and he had that cool accent, so I was wondering if you have the same?
No, haven't seen any Cephalotus or Byblis species yet. I live on the other side of the country unfortunately. I've been to WA once before and saw plenty of other CPs though.

Ummm, I guess that most Australian accents sound very similar so I suppose mine may be like the kid from your school. It's a bit difficult to answer that question......

Back