What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT Song

Ok, so I made a song... Hear are the lyrics... maybe If I can find a place to record it and put it on myspace or purevolume or something

Little venus flytrap
out in the sun
x2-little venus flytrap
oh what fun
x2-Little venus flytrap
hear they come
They come buzzin
they come stingin
the come crawlin
Youre little yum yum's
Little venus flytrap
out in the sun
Little venus flytrap
youre such fun

You have too much time on your hands...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 28 2006,6:04)]You have too much time on your hands...
LOL, He and Ben oughta get together with someone who can come up with melodies!

I have a guitar part for it allready... I just cant play guitar the Best, Im more of a bassist...

It's ok. When my dad tries to play his Fender he sounds like a sack of diseased cats gargling razorblades.

LOL
biggrin.gif

Jerry

I dont have to much time on my hands my days are very jam packed, I just love music...

lol! I was just wondering

WHY aren't there VFT experts who have tons and tons and tons of VFT's? lol! I was just checking out the sarr photo thread and wondering ...why ppl stop caring about VFT's? Afterall VFT's are the reason why most ppl came into raising CP's.....isn't it bad to not remember your roots...i.e., the VFT's ??
smile_n_32.gif

welll....I am saying this becos...I am a VFT nut.
biggrin.gif

a lot of people have a lot of vft's. like me. Most of them are wal-mart rescues.

Vft's are ho-hum compared to nepenthes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Oct. 28 2006,6:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 28 2006,6:04)]You have too much time on your hands...
LOL, He and Ben oughta get together with someone who can come up with melodies!
Eh, only if I get paid.

vraev, 'cause there's only one species of VFT, and they get boring after a while....
smile_n_32.gif

-Ben

AND because few people can get the crazy varieties.

id prefer to grow a Nepenthes to a wild VFT anyday! Neps are constant in growth while vfts have to go dormant and they may never wake up... its just good to know your plant wont craok on you. besides...you get to see the beauty of neps all year too. you should try one vraev!
Alex

yea NEPS NEPS NEPS NEPS NEPS NEPS!

Just If I sang a song about Nepenthes Every one woule be like WTF?

soo yea... Venus flytraps just work better, even though they get boring after like 3 weeks... While Nepenthes... omg they are beautiful!

Nepenthes are king of all CP genera.

And Dionaea is the "special" cousin.

hey...i am seriously interested in neps as well. VFT's and the typical nepenthes ventrosa or whatever were the two CP's I knew and wanted as a kid.

The problem with a nep for me is that ...

1) my terrarium is too small for a nep
2) My terr humidity is 50% (aha...see faulkner guages are useful.
biggrin.gif
)
3) I have a limitied supply of water to just be able to keep VFT's happy.
4) My terrarium is too small for a nep
5) My terrarium is too small for a nep

if not for those reasons (ahem* reason
smile_n_32.gif
) I would have a nep right now.

I seriously want to get its smaller cousin the australian pitcher..but unfortunately I cannot get it anywhere in canada. Even the online canadian stores (2 that I know) don't sell them.

Sarrs are lovely but they are too big for my setup again...so thats why I am left a VFT lover + a sphagnum lover.
biggrin.gif

hey guys...do you know of a small nep...I mean really small...like pitchers max 2 inches size that I can buy online somewhere (canada shipping appreciated) ?? I would really go for it.
biggrin.gif

50% is ok for most things.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Oct. 29 2006,4:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Oct. 28 2006,6:22)]
vraev, 'cause there's only one species of VFT, and they get boring after a while....
smile_n_32.gif

-Ben
well...I sir...would have to disagree.
smile_n_32.gif

VFT's are soo beautiful. But...yeah...I see where u r going....with resources to expand one's collection...one would easily tend to go and collect other species..which the same one can easily find considering that most of these ones live in US where those ones can easily get a huge variety of CP's.
smile.gif

lol! I AM NOT DRUNK.
biggrin.gif
smile_n_32.gif
Just trying a sentence with "one".
biggrin.gif
which is pretty wrong gramatically.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vraev @ Oct. 29 2006,8:28)]hey guys...do you know of a small nep...I mean really small...like pitchers max 2 inches size that I can buy online somewhere (canada shipping appreciated) ?? I would really go for it.
biggrin.gif
uh unless you have the cool highland conditions(and money!!!) required for N. argentii then thats your best bet. but i highly dought you and many people on here can grow it.

What? your dorm wont let you hang a plant from the celing?? if you get an N. ventricosa you can put it in a hanging basket and hang it!
Alex

Lol, I think a lot of people have N. argentii here. It's not a matter of difficulty in growing, but a difficulty in finding with somethings.

Back