What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Program?

Ok, so Im on this other forum

And as kind of a joke I want to program something that refreshes the Page every like 10 20 min's.

Does any one have any sudgestions on where to go to make a program or a name of a program to do that with ( I think my mom might have one but shes cant ever sit long enough with me and teach me)

Thanks! (It cant be apart of the Forum cause they are really uptight about that I was hoping it would be something I could have on my computer that refreshes the web page!)

Cheers

I haven't ever heard of it, but sounds like fun!

Im talking about making it and im wondering what software, and if any one has any sudgestions
smile_m_32.gif

If you use firefox... I have before recomended the plugin "Reload every"
But I must ask- why do you need to refresh a forum?

cause a bunch of people are compeating on having the most time online...

(they have the time to do that, sence I dont! This is a simple solution! I didnt think firefox had this)

Thanks!

Cheaters never prosper, you know. >_>

Sounds like a silly contest considering how easy it would be to cheat. Can only count on the cheaters being blatant, I guess.

Man, programs like this have been around since the birth of the internet, I tell ya. Back during the dot com boom there were companies with WAY too much money. One particular one would let you download their software which would show you ads while you browsed the net and they'd pay you for your time. That's right, back then it was no BS, they'd pay you. What did we do? First came the mouse move program which would move your cursor to/from points given by their (x,y) coordinates. Then came the page flipper which would make you switch between pages.
Needless to say, we probably singlehandedly brought that company down. It's ok, they were on the way out anyway.
smile_n_32.gif

The moral of the story? Programs that'd allow you to cheat in this contest have been around forever. It shouldn't be too hard to tell, especially if they've got an admin or forum authority in on it.

I play astrowars.com and we are one of the oldest/most respected alliances in the game. And are currently getting beat down by cheaters... It's okay, we're taking screen shots and sending them to the game admin. Hopefully they take care of it before we're done for. Well I doublt we'll die.. we have another 6 or so alliances comming to help. 1 of them don't even like us (we killed them last round) why do they come to help us? ...to kill the cheeters of course :-D

Could make a webpage with an iframe in it containing the website in question. The container page could refresh the iframe perodically with some javascript. Could even give it a list of forum URLs and have it go to them at random.

Back