What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

got a couple of packages today...............PICS!

*couhg* If you need some of those roaches off youre hands...

lol just kidding thats acutualy REALLy cool!

That monster thing is a COCKROACH?? ohmigod...
Oo.gif

wow...my friends dont send me lowiis and jacqs...

i need new friends...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Nov. 09 2006,2:04)]That monster thing is a COCKROACH?? ohmigod...
Oo.gif
just think of them as big tropical beetles. of the what, 3,500 cockroach species only a couple are pest species. kinda like freaking out over all ant species due to a bad experiance with fire ants. or all bees are evil just cause Africanized honey bees are aggressive as heck.

now i just gotta convince my wife of this thinking.............shhhhhhh she dont know about the invasion

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrllllaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

nana.gif

just remember who has the sapphires
blues.gif

biggrin.gif

Where do you get those, How big are they? Cause Those would make great feeders for a certain Other insect I have. You know those Ants alot of people dont like, are their any smaller easly obtainable species that are ravid reproducers?

smile.gif

do a search for Dubia roaches, they are about 3/4 the size of the one posted. lots off ppl sell them. they are getting very popular as feeders because of the no noise, no smell, ease of raising, ease of working with and they are no where near as psycotic as crickets

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]do a search for Dubia roaches,

I didn't know ol' George had roaches named in his honor (or lack there of). It's kindof fitting if you think about it, lowest lifeform and all.
wink.gif.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (phissionkorps @ Nov. 09 2006,4:10)]wow...my friends dont send me lowiis and jacqs...

i need new friends...
dont we all....dont we all
crap.gif
Alex

Hey I've been wanting some dubias. I've got hissers but they're not good for feeding. My A. avicularia won't even touch them. Let me know if you've ever got a starter batch to trade.

Peter

Dubias are slow reproducers compared to the climbing roaches and the baby roaches take on avg. 4-6 months to mature but once they get going, you should have an seemingly endless supply of stinkless feeders
wink.gif.gif

One things Dubias are good with is that they don't run fast and they don't seem to mind light.....

Peter, more than likely in the spring i should have some. going to be to cold and i need them to start producing for me first. ive got about 3 adults of both sexes pluss close to 100 youngins of ALL ages from lil tiny to a molt or so away from being mature.

BTW PAK, the wife now knows about them.......more or less. she knows about the dubia's but didnt show her the Discoid though :p

lol, i really want some of these how many offspring do you think one will produce?

How fast do they mature. can i cut them in half and have to worry about them still moving (for long at least)

well they breed like.............well roaches

ive been told it generally takes a while to get a colony up and going, depending on how many adults you start with and how heavily you start using them as feeders it can take anywhere from 3 months to 18 months to be completely free of using crickets as feeders. im guessing by spring i should be able to handle a group of a dozen geckos or so.

Back