What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

got a couple of packages today...............PICS!

first up, CP's which keep showing up without my asking for them
woot.gif

in the big pot is N. jacquelineae, in the lil pots from left to right are N. lowii, H. pulchella and H. hispida(hope these do well, never had Helis this small before)
Untitled-14.jpg

heres the jacq again
Untitled-15.jpg

and lowii
Untitled-16-1.jpg

also showing up were 15 or so of these..............Ozzy did you do this?
Oo.gif
sign_help.gif

Untitled-12.jpg

rock.gif

LOL are you serious? Did u really get cockroaches with your plants?! That is hilarious. And the plants! They look awesome, and I am shure they will do well for you

but uh...where did they come from??
Alex

two seperate packages, plants in one........bugs in the other.......they are cockroaches?
oh.gif

glider: no return on the bugs............plants im not saying though if they wish to speak up thats their choice.

im pretty shure that they are cockroaches, but i dont recognize them. I dont think they are the common pest variety. They may merit being kept.

hmmmmmmm they dont seem to be able to climb up glass. i threw them in a 10 gal tank for now.

I did some quick reserch on them. They are indeed cockroaches, either Blaberus discoidales or Blaberus giganteus. Sources i saw noted that neither species climbed glass. Suggested foods are leaves, fruits, and dry catfood. Apperently their main uses are as pets, and as reptiles and arachnid food.

Click my link, you'll see a video of them climbing glass.

They can climb more rougher surfaces but if its just glass, then they shouldn't be able to climb. I have a colony of Lobsters (climbers, in the rubbermaid tub I keep them in, I use Bug Stop to prevent them from scaling the walls!) and Blaptica Dubia (non-climbers), they make nice feed for lizards and cps.

I feed mine carrots and a gutload that my cousin gave me.....

smile.gif
rock.gif
smile.gif
jestera.gif

OMG.... u r serious...lol! ever since I was a kid....I used to hate the cockroach, But I do think that the top monacle style looks kewl though.

However, a madagascar cockroach is cool. Yet, the closest I came to gettting a insect pet was looking up info to get a preying mantis....then stopped considering they pinch and that I normally used to hate insects ;)

OK, rattler mt you must have some hip friends out there. These cockroaches are the latest thing in nep. and heli. steroids. Freeze 'em and dry out then run throught your wifes peppermill. You can't go wrong with that.
tounge.gif

lol they are Blaberus discoidales, the false deaths head roach........from here on out known as critter food. had 15 adults show up yesterday. expecting another 100 adults and nymphs to show up today along with about 50 Blaptica dubia since the guy told me roaches are like CP's, while one species may do great for one person the other guy down the block cant get them to breed in the exact same set up. said i should get both species............traded a bunch of CP's for them.

unfortunatly this means i need to buy another critter in the spring...........got plenty of critters to eat the young but nothing big enough to handle an adult
sign_help.gif

ratler. wish i had the problem of packages of neps showing up at my house without my asking for them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tim187 @ Nov. 09 2006,11:32)]ratler. wish i had the problem of packages of neps showing up at my house without my asking for them.
lol! nice one...yeah..same here.......package delivery with live plants on them.....lol! live plants....I didn't order any plants
tounge.gif
oh.gif
woot.gif

didnt order them, didnt ask for them...............they were offered by a friend and ofcourse i jumped on them.......did know they were coming. wrong time of year to "surprise" me with plants, had to wait a week for it to warm up here before they could be shipped

BTW other package showed up......................ive got alot of freaking roaches......................

Back