What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool New game

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
I think it should have a fancyer Name... I think Nepenthes Strike Force, or w/e you guys think...
Nepenthes Strike Force, Sarracenia Death Trap, Venus Flytrap Bargade, Sinfull Sundew Organization?

What ever you guys choose Me or xvart can make it... I dont care...

I also sudgest we get a Forum Seperate from the TF's that way we can keep in touch easier... and have a little bit more organization.

Hey hey, I've got an idea for the alliance name - how about the Carnivorous Consortium? I was trying to come up with something with three letters but I can't think of a 'C' word for plants. Or what about the Sarracenia Syndicate?
~Joe

We have an 11th person interested, so you could start another alliance with a flashy name.

One of the issues in the game has been communication of who we really are and 'terraforums' is the one thing that we all have in common.

I like your idea of another forum instead of this thread.

So has anyone found any info on the ranking system yet? I just looked at the leader board and my score has jumped up by some 220-odd points in the hour or so that I was away at lunch - now I'm real curious to find out why. I wonder... do you get points for sandwiches consumed?
~Joe

If they ever get that feature working for alliance forums in the game - but i bet it wouldn't be that good anyway... I'm ready to do some coordinated attacks whenever anybody else feels like it!

xvart.

OK guys, I was thinking of breaking off and starting my own alliance (allied with you guys of course) mostly because I want to have a silly picture on my alliance page. ;P Do we yet have a third group for TF peoples? I don't want to be redundant.
~Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seedjar @ Nov. 15 2006,2:53)]So has anyone found any info on the ranking system yet? I just looked at the leader board and my score has jumped up by some 220-odd points in the hour or so that I was away at lunch - now I'm real curious to find out why. I wonder... do you get points for sandwiches consumed?
~Joe
Did you build a bunch of ships right before lunch? I think that the score must have something to do with amount of ships because just by looking at the ranking system there are people with fewer planets than I with much higher scores (and all my planets have building facilities on them). My only guess is that they have large fleets but I could be wrong.

xvart.

I built 25 of the cheapest ships available as a test to see whether the ship prices were weighted like building and exploration costs. However, that was well before lunch and I had checked my score and rank right before leaving the house. Kinda strange... Are the ranks calculated on-the-fly or are they updated periodically?
~Joe

it says they're updated every hour

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seedjar @ Nov. 15 2006,5:10)]OK guys, I was thinking of breaking off and starting my own alliance (allied with you guys of course) mostly because I want to have a silly picture on my alliance page. ;P Do we yet have a third group for TF peoples? I don't want to be redundant.
~Joe
I think you should do that to allow our alliance to pick up more people, terraforums or otherwise. Hopefully we'll get others in the game to join us.

I was also thinking about splitting up the alliance into the way people play. I would prefer to play a defensive game to gain more power to eventually take on the top evil alliances. It requires patience, but I would prefer to run a civil empire, making deals with other alliances and such.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave S. @ Nov. 15 2006,6:06)]I would prefer to play a defensive game to gain more power to eventually take on the top evil alliances. It requires patience, but I would prefer to run a civil empire, making deals with other alliances and such.
I agree... atleast for right now.

This is where it gets interesting.

Roger just messaged me saying he was attacked by 1143 which happens to be a Veng2 member: azazel. You would think this inevitable clash would have waited longer than about 12 hours.

xvart.

yeah, I got the same message... punks!

Hilarious. I just sent the Veng2 attacker a peaceful message asking for an explanation for attacking roger and explained our alliance with Veng3 (and presumably the rest of the Veng clans) and then I got a message from roger saying he attacked him twice and Dave hit him also. I guess my message of peace will be water under the bridge before the day is done.

xvart.

hahaha... that's a big alliance to try an take on right now.

Especially after Dave's post about peacefully building up to take on the evil empires.

Poor Ozzy, stuck in the middle... lol.

xvart.

edit: lol our profile has now changed. With that being said, I am off to attack!

OK, I've split off and formed the Carnivorous Consortium! (Tag: CC) Please refer additional alliance members to me, 1538/seedjar, and make note on the various TF groups that the CC is a cooperating faction. Thanks!
~Joe

Too funny. I am evil now.

It won't take long for their alliance to to destroy us if they so choose.

I don't mind spending all my time on that game getting revenge on that one player. I can see myself resetting, building an armada under protection and attacking again and again.

I don't think it's that hard to recover from military losses - if I understand the rules correctly, you don't lose buildings, just planets. When you have less planets than buildings, you just take a production penalty. See if you can't get an ally to put a few planets on the market super cheap so you can snap them up immediately.
~Joe

Back