What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have finally found the religion

• Thread starter Dyflam
  • Start date
I only perused it but it sounds like I have been one of these unknowingly for some time.

Cute! I like the sect called Descartism. I could easily be immersed in the gospel of statistics!
oh.gif

This is a religion? Isn't this more like.. appreciating the universe?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 15 2006,3:22)]This is a religion? Isn't this more like.. appreciating the universe?
I wouldn't call myself a Saganist, but I do highly value and appreciate the science of the universe. It is a wondrous place out there... As such, it doesn't seem to be mutually exclusive of other religious and spiritual ways of thinking.

xvart.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 15 2006,4:22)]This is a religion? Isn't this more like.. appreciating the universe?
That describes religion pretty well in the pre-dogma stages.

I think science pretending to be religion is as ridiculous as religion pretending to be science.  But the immortality Institute link at the bottom of the Saganism home page makes me think pseudo-mystical science is a little creepier.

I believe in all the new age metaphysical stuff (well, most of it anyway). I used to astral project (yes, I did! Read up about it and no I wasn't high
smile.gif
) and meditate and stuff like that. I should get back into it, auctually. That's not really a religion it's... I dunno.

They have recreated it in a lab using electricity, so maybe it's really a biological function we normally don't notice but can tap in to, instead of something metaphysical. It's still cool lol. Rising out of your body and exploring the Astral. It changed me, most definately.

In case anyone is curious,

Wikipedia Article

Back