What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OJ Simpson's New Book & Interview

OJ Simpson's New Book & Interview - Voice your opinion

• I will buy the book but not watch the interview

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will watch the interview but not buy the book

• I'm not interested in buying the book or watching the interview

• I won't support either; what he's doing is shocking and wrong

• Reaganbooks and Fox Network should not be publishing this

• I think OJ Simpson is a murdering pig & narcissistic psychopath

• I think OJ has every right to publish a book like this; its fiction

• Who cares what he does; he's just making money

• Total voters

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Since we haven't had a poll in a while, I thought I'd post one about OJ's upcoming book and interview. I know it might be hard to choose one answer on this but that's all the polls allow. The topic is open so you can elaborate more if you wish.

For anyone who hasn't heard, OJ Simpson has written a book entitled "IF I Did It" where he outlines HOW he would have killed Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman IF he had done it. Its being published by ReaganBooks. The publisher stated they consider this book a "confession." There will also be an interview with Simpson airing on Fox Network during the upcoming sweeps period.

I think this is absolutely disgusing. It is beyond anything I could imagine for someone to do. He is reportedly being paid over $3 million for the book. He owes $33 million dollars in a civil judgement to the Goldman family for the death of Ron Goldman. Of course, this money will be arranged in a way so the Goldman family will not see any of it.

Even worse...can you imagine what it will be like for his own children to see their father publishing a book outlining how he would murder their MOTHER?? Its just beyond comprehension that he could do that to his own kids...for MONEY.

I would urge all of you not to buy the book or watch the interview on TV and to contact the book publisher and Fox Network to express how absolutely immoral and disgusting this is. OJ Simpson should not be getting any publicity or money from his crime. This is just making everyone suffer the tragedy and grief all over again. This is about as low as any human being can sink. Urge friends and family also not to support his book or interview.

I hope this book and movie makes tons of money. Because if it does, all the money will go to the famliy of Ron Goldman. OJ can't make any money until he pays off the multi million dollar lawsuit he lost to them.

I've got to see the interview, but I won't buy the book.

He did it. We all know he did it. This is.. omg jesus christ dude! This is a confession based on a technicality...

No one will ever see a penny of that money.  OJ has stated previously that he will never give any money to either family.  He WILL end up with this money...no doubt about that.  He makes money off of autograph sessions and public appearances...you think any of those victim's family has seen a penny? Its been 11 years and no one has gotten a dime. Why would it be any different now?

He shouldn't make ANY money off of this...its BLOOD MONEY.  
mad.gif

In my opinion, watching the interview and/or buying the book condones what he's doing at the expense of the victim's families AND his own children.  Simpson, Fox and ReganBooks should NOT be making millions off of this disgusting play for more notariety, attention and money. There should be line where morality is more important than the almighty dollar.

I guess the next thing Fox will do for ratings is a reality show featuring the slaughter of our solidiers in Iraq...live footage of the carnage.  That would be a big hit!  If it brings in millions of dollars and high ratings...what's the harm??

Your honorable PAK this poll is completely rigged ! I was led to answer that I think OJ Simpson is a murdering pig & narcissistic psychopath by the other choices being completely unacceptable ! Thereby the results of said poll should be thrown out and not used as evidence.

This nut job will continue to pay attorneys and lawyers to hide his money so the victims families won't see a penny. Ron Goldmans dad would have been out of prison by now if he had probably done what he wanted too. OJ and the "fans" who flock around him really irk me
mad.gif
mad.gif

OJ is a murdering scum bag!  I have said it before and I will continue saying it.  He SUCKS.  I saw a little bit of Oreilly last night were they are issuing restraining orders on the publishing company and places to get some of that money for the family.  

I am outraged!  Ever since the whole glove didn;t fit scenario I have hated OJ GUTS!!  You could plainly see he was spreading his hands out to keep the glove from fitting on his hand.  That coupled with it being out in the rain made it shrink just a little.  Those gloves were probably a perfect fit to begin with and th slightest shrink make them tight and then him spreading his hand made them not go on. Idiot murder!  
mad.gif

This book just proves what I have felt from day one.  This book is not "if I did it".  This book is "I did it" and now you can;t do anything about it because I have already been acquitted!  SUCKERS!!!  We need a temporally repeal of the double jeopardy law and give him another trial!!!This is outrageous and a slap in the face to the judicial system.  Not to mention Nicole and Ron's family!

--------------
Edited for language. I totally understand your passion the subject. I agree...but please watch the language you use.
Thanks.

I wanted to mark about 3 of the choices. No one choice covers what I think of the
censor.gif
!
mad.gif

I would be surprised at anyone who couldn't see that: 1) the glove had been wet (with blood and dew), dried (shrunk), left "as is" in an evidence room for a year or more 2) he had LATEX GLOVES on his hand 3) He was making a grand production out of how hard it was to put them on. Try pulling a shrunken, dried glove over a latex glove and see how easily it goes on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] This book is "I did it" and now you can;t do anything about it because I have already been acquitted!

Not true.

He can be charged with federal charges of civil rights violation. The same as kkk members that were found not guilty.

OJ is not stupid. There is being sold as "OJ telling how he would have done if he did" I'll be willing to bet that it'll be more of "I didn't do it and here's more evidence to prove I didn't do it"

He could be charged with perjury but I understand there are disclaimers on the book stating its fiction. And of course he's saying "IF I did it."

Still...think about those kids seeing their father writing a book about killing their mother. Disgusting!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Nov. 16 2006,3:05)]think about those kids seeing their father writing a book about killing their mother.  Disgusting!
What a sick, sick, man.
censor.gif
If Fox is doing this for a rating boost, that is pretty low.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If Fox is doing this for a rating boost, that is pretty low.

I think that sums fox up pretty good.

yeh

My theory is that OJ's hand didn't fit in the glove because Saddam had hidden his WMDs in there.

Now here's a subject I can voice an opinion on: I care as much about whatever O.J. Simpson does or does not do, as I am concerned about what exact time of day I dump my load, be it 8:00 a.m., 8:03 a.m., 3:00 p.m., or 5:32 p.m. In other words, <span style='color:red'>so what</span>. If he's a murderer, why should we pay him any more attention than all the other thousands of murderer's who have not yet even been apprehended? If his book or speech were somehow going to illuminate me concerning the cultivation of CP, then I might be inclined to check it out, but since that doesn't seem to be likely, <span style='color:red'>so what</span>. Life seems too short to spend any time persuing things that don't edify.

Excellent answer.  I'll take it a step further and say that since the day OJ might or might not have murdered two people, millions of people have died of starvation or preventable diseases.  Many in nations where large landowners export specialty foods to well-fed nations and where the US-led WTO, World Bank, etc. have forced governments to slash social spending.  If half as many people would care about that as care about OJ, maybe something positive could be done.  The more we get obsessed about OJ and Jon-Benet and other individual tragedies of photogenic people, the less we care about the big, public tragedies we could actually do something about.

I want to know how someone can be charged twice for the same thing? Especial when there is the double jeoprody clause in the law. You cannot be charged twice for the same charge. They could charge him with something else, but not for the murders of Nicole and Ron.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'll take it a step further and say that since the day OJ might or might not have murdered two people, millions of people have died of starvation or preventable diseases.  Many in nations where large landowners export specialty foods to well-fed nations and where the US-led WTO, World Bank, etc. have forced governments to slash social spending.  If half as many people would care about that as care about OJ, maybe something positive could be done.  The more we get obsessed about OJ and Jon-Benet and other individual tragedies of photogenic people, the less we care about the big, public tragedies we could actually do something about.

The assumption here is that if you care if a man got away with murder and is profiting from it in an amoral and disgusting manner...then you can't possibly care about all those other major issues listed.  I don't see the connection nor the logic in that.  Personally, I can care about those important world issues AND care that a murderer is publicly hurting his children and victims' families.  It would make me just as angry if it were a no-name murderer doing the same thing.  Its not about the "famous star OJ"...its about a murderer victimizing the family members all over again in an extremely public way.

I try to support political candidates who I think will try to do the right thing in regards to world and national problems and, though I have little money, I make my meager donations to causes whenever I can (local food bank, Salvation Army, Red Cross, Toys for Tots, etc.).  Don't make it look like because I hate what OJ Simpson is doing that I don't care about more important issues in the world.

JBO...they COULD try him for perjury but not as long as he claims its an "IF" situation and that its all fiction.

Remember...OJ was found guilty of being responsible for the deaths of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman by "clear and convincing evidence." So he IS a murderer...or if you prefer, a killer.

PAK, youl be happy to know this then.

BREAKING NEWS:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]O.J. Simpson book, TV special canceled
Chairman Rupert Murdoch says project was ‘ill-considered’

Book, TV special canceld

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]After a firestorm of criticism, News Corp. said Monday that it has canceled the O.J. Simpson book and television special “If I Did It.”

“I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project,” said Rupert Murdoch, News Corp. chairman. “We are sorry for any pain that his has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson.”

A dozen Fox affiliates had already said they would not air the two-part sweeps month special, planned for next week before publication of the book. It was being published by ReganBooks, a HarperCollins imprint owned, like the Fox network, by News Corp.

Yes, I heard that last nite. I was pleased.
smile.gif
I'm glad someone at that network had half a brain to realize how sick that was. I'm sorry the victim's families had to go through it all again but at least they know the majority of the public was on their side and forced the issue.

Back