User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: im not going to be so nice next year.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you going to hunt in Africa?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    depends on how much money i can round up unfortunately the gal to the right pictured above has about the same taste in critters as i do so this trip is going to be dang expensive. but tops on my list are hippo, leopard and kudu. but since im also hoping for a good 14 days of hunting much more will prolly be shot by myself. course all 3 of the gals will hunting hard aswell so prolly going to be a truck load of critters. going to be a go with the flow kinda hunt and other than specifically targeting leopard and hippo it will be more or less hunting what we come across. should be a grand time....atleast 2 digital cameras and hopefully a movie cam makes the flight over aswell to fully document the trip.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please don't tell me you are gonna hunt big cat's, I really don't mind Any other animal. I dunno theirs no way I can really stop you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    going to hunt abig cat, Kate wants to aswell. no reason i can think of not to. leopards are not even close to being endangered plus they are a challenge. its not uncommon for it to take two or 3 trips over thereto get ashot at one......i hunt the lil cats here, might as well hunt the big ones over there....cant afford lion though, i dont have a lot of interest in them anyways
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Sheridan,

What caliber do you plan on loading up for the young girl to hunt with in Africa? I took the wife out to the range this year to see if I could get her into hunting a little. I loaded up a .270 with the smallest grain bullet I could find and used the smallest amount of powder that I could and she still did not like it very much. I may need to look into a .243
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cats hear need to be shot inbreed and over populated. But still they are loosing area fast. I just dont think big cats should be shot, I dont know... maybe im just over thinkin it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wolf the gals have a 7-08 that they love. interesting that your wife doesnt like the 270, my wife shot mine(it weights a good 1.5 pounds more than their 7-08) and she did not like it. to me i cant tell the difference between my heavy 270 and their light 7-08 as far as recoil but because of differences in stocks they really like the 7-08. one shot out of the 270 beat the snot out of the wife but she has put 4 shots from the 7-08 as fast as she could work the bolt and pull the trigger and was smiling afterwards. i cant figure it. im figuring loading it up with Barnes Triple Shocks for Africa, should handle all but the largest critters just fine.

me i think im taking a 9.3x62(think 30-06 with a bigger bullet and longer case body, pretty close to a 375-06 but not quite) and maybe...........if ruger comes out with it in the next year or so like they have been talking about a Ruger #1 in 450/400 3 inch Nitro Express.........two very classic rounds. plus i think if i get Kate to practice with the 450/400 using pistol bullets than she should be able to handle it with full loads against something that bites back over there as its not a hugely powerful round like its big brothers. a 400 grain bullet at 2100fps out of a 10 pound rifle should be manageable by most anyone who seriously wants to shoot one.
    cervid serial killer

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't really been hunting before. I went to a firing range with my dad and used a hand gun and rifle. I didn't have amazing aim but it was still lots of fun. hope you have fun in Africa. Should be pretty cool.

-peace
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast