User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: im not going to be so nice next year.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finch...........not quite sure what your getting at. either the paint fumes are getting to me(repainting the bathroom) or im just missing what your point is?

im thinking you are taking what i said about CITES and applying it elsewhere that it has no corolation with. you are right, the countries of South Africa and Namibia have the strictest anti poaching efforts. but what was not said is that these two countries are also the ones who allow the hunting consessions to run their own anti poaching squads. these squads arent just out to stop the poaching of trophy game animals, they also remove untold thousands of snares ment for smaller critters destained for the meat markets.

the Congo has only started allowing hunters with in there borders on anything resembling a regular basis in the last few years. im sure they will wind up with a similar setup to its southern neighbors as time goes by. the same with Uganda and the Southern Sudan.

the top two countries to go hunting in Africa are South Africa and Namibia. so they have not eliminated hunting from their lands. South Africa is the most visited country for plains game and Namibia is very often a destination to hunt other plains game such as gemsbok which arent really found in South Africa. these two countries are the most visited hunting destinations because they have stable friendly governments.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was refering to a comment that banning hunting on national parks was the cause of the decline.
    Just national parks.
    I meant that the banning of hunting them within national parks was benefiting them, not harming them. I thought they could be hunted on game preserves, NOT national parks. I think prehaps we are confusing the two.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh ok, never said hunting was allowed in parks(i dont think, if i did it was miss stated). said it was common practice to let hunting outfits set up shop out side the park boundries so that their anti poaching patrols are also helping out the park, albiet outside their boarders.
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how am i supposed to have a discussion with someone so rational as to support hunting in hunting preserves

Ugh i mistook a statement of yours to say that no hunting in national parks was bafd and have been structuring all my arguments around it. I hate it when that happens

that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol no problems Finch, been a good discussion
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh it was, considering we were taking about two different things, and neither of us noticed for awhile, just to find that we may have been in agreement all along....
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this is fizzling out. Bummer. Would a penguin hunt be good preparation for big game hunting in Africa? Other than for the different environment, tactics, and so on? Or would it be better to practice on baby seals?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I'm not upset but the anti-hunters anti-gun people are always out to get hunters. Alexis was crying over seeing a deer killed. Do you realize how many CARS kill not only deer but all sorts of animals every year? Would you rather see a deer shot killed and eaten or hit by a car, had all it bones smashed and still be alive trying to run away?

Cmon......
    Who says anti-hunt are anti-gun?

I'm quite aware of how many animals get flattened each year and whether I would I rather see a deer shot and eaten or run over - how about neither?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast