What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ball of nerves...

• Thread starter schloaty
  • Start date

schloaty

Staff member
Yikes. Just 12 hours away. Liiiiitle anxious. There is no anxious smiley. Oh, well.

Going to be at least 2 1/2 hours....

Don't know if I'm more concerned for myself, or for my students who will be testing along side me.

Should be fun!

Maybe rattler has some of those pain pills left
smile.gif

Good luck! Don't hurt 'em too bad!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Nov. 25 2006,7:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]test over what might ask exactly?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Test tomorrow - 2nd black

Reading is fundamental.
tounge.gif
You know, that's complex stuff that they just don't TEACH in schools nowadays!

Best of luck to you, dude! I'm sure you'll do great, just thinking of all the training you've put it.
smile.gif

Hopefully I can get back in to martial arts again soon (after a year or two of time off.) It hurts so good, don't it? lol

i took Tae-kwan-do and while ago... your second black...thats like 2nd degree(with 1 being the highest?). good luck!!
Alex

1st is the lowest. Black belt is "when you become a student instead of a guest."

I stopped getting nervous on tests when I realized if I deserved the belt, I'd get it, and if I didn't deserve it I didn't want it.

Knowing the belt is meaningless helps too.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I stopped getting nervous on tests when I realized if I deserved the belt, I'd get it, and if I didn't deserve it I didn't want it.

Bingo. I always felt the exact same way. Very nicely put.
smile.gif

BTW, all this reminded me of one of my favorite pictures. A few chuckles may help loosen you up, so I guess I'll post it.

karate.jpg

I didnt know what you ment by saying 2md Black. But now I do, good luck!

Thanks everyone!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1st is the lowest. Black belt is "when you become a student instead of a guest."

I stopped getting nervous on tests when I realized if I deserved the belt, I'd get it, and if I didn't deserve it I didn't want it.

Knowing the belt is meaningless helps too.  

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  My instructor says the same thing - "I know you're already such-and-such belt and this is just a formality."

Doesn't change the fact that if you make a dog's dinner out of your stuff, you loose.

I also had two of MY students that I recommened to take the test for their respective belts (1st black for each of them) to worry about.

BUT we all passed with flying colors!!!  WOO HOO!!  
banana2.gif

rockwoot.gif

woot.gif

boogie.gif

beer.gif

Congrats, I'd still love to take you on.
rant.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Congrats, I'd still love to take you on.

Thanks!

And any time, my good man, any time! It would be a hoot. We could sell tickets to forum members, take bets (I bet we'd both make a fortune if we angle it right)......
biggthumpup.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Nov. 26 2006,4:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Congrats, I'd still love to take you on.

Thanks!

And any time, my good man, any time! It would be a hoot. We could sell tickets to forum members, take bets (I bet we'd both make a fortune if we angle it right)......
biggthumpup.gif
Awsome! I'll be a bookeeper! I've got enough baseball bats to get the job done- and I only shave off a few percent for myself!

laugh.gif

NO me and schloaty are keeping all the profits. Now pay for your ticket just like everybody else.

Dave, Am I allowed to use my AK?

Your AK? Well, ok, but it has to be on single fire mode. I can only catch one at a time with my teeth.....

laugh.gif

Nice answer. ;D
Congratz, too - I should be up for my first rank of brown belt in danzanryu jujutsu as soon as my leg mends. What kind of tests do you guys have? We do performance exams like most schools, but there's also written tests and notetaking requirements where I study.
~Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Your AK? Well, ok, but it has to be on single fire mode. I can only catch one at a time with my teeth..

Deal. When are we doing this?

Who do I talk to about the pool? My money is on Dave if you're starting within legs' reach.
~Joe

Back