What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israel offers Palestinians 'hand of peace'

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] They will just fight until one side can't fight anymore

but nothing is permenant. Remember the crusades? everything comes full circle

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 28 2006,11:27)]I agree 100% that the palistinians got the land stolen, and I think they should get it back.
Using that logic:

You go on vacation for a week.
while you are gone someone breaks into your house and lives there for 3 days.
you come back, have the police remove them, and start living in your house again.

then people all over the world say "the people who lived there for 3 days should get the house back, because they lived there for 3 days..they had the house stolen from them when they were kicked out."

why is 1,000 years any different than 3 days?

Scot

The problem is 100% Israel's fault.  Not a few decades ago, when blame rested with the surrounding Muslim nations.  But Israel has military dominance now and doesn't need to be so stupidly vengeful.  Israel's leaders have spent a couple decades acting like George W. Bush on crystal meth.  And, surprise, they've created a disaster.

As an established government capable of centralized decsion-making, Israel must make the first move.  With no more of the empty gestures tailored for sound bites in the Western media.  The diffuse leadership of the insurgency can't start the process.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Nov. 29 2006,10:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 28 2006,11:27)]I agree 100% that the palistinians got the land stolen, and I think they should get it back.
Using that logic:

you come back, have the police remove them, and start living in your house again.

then people all over the world say "the people who lived there for 3 days should get the house back, because they lived there for 3 days..they had the house stolen from them when they were kicked out."

Scot
No... That's not the same at all....

And to let me clarify me previous post, I do NOT think the isreali's living there now should be kicked out. I think the land should be given back to the palistinian people but I think they should comprimise and let the isreali's living there now stay, or even suggest they get out, but not forcibly remove them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Nov. 29 2006,11:59)]Israel's leaders have spent a couple decades acting like George W. Bush on crystal meth.
With the way his brain normally operates, how can you tell the difference
Oo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Nov. 29 2006,4:43)]
[b said:
Using that logic:

Scot
Ok using your logic:
Your living in Boston lets say and then you up and move to the Ukraine, abandoning or selling everything you have in Boston. After a few generations your great great grand children want to move back to Boston. When they get there they kick out the people who are living in your old house and all of the neighbors, some of them the decendents of your neighbors claiming "a more ancient claim to the land". Seems quite fair to me how about your. Or the decendents of the Native Americans who used to posses the land your current house is on suddenly show up and say we have an ancient claim to this land, get out, we dont care where you go, just get out. That seems quite fair too doesnt it.

Also everyone keeps saying that the jews have an ancient claim to the land. How could Muslims lay claim to the land if their religion was not founded yet? Also what about the Palestinian Jews who were ousted with the Palestinain Muslims, shouldnt they rightfully have the only claim to the land since they are the only Jews who actully stayed in Palestine/Isreal? In essence your validating Judaism over Islam because its older, which is a poor way to justify something. In that case the Sumarian religion is the most correct cause its the oldest, right? Sumarians have claim to the entire fertile cresent, everybody else get out!

As for those of you who keep saying that there will never be peace, isnt that the attitude that prevents peace from even having a chance? If you consider something impossible your not going to give it the chance it deserves.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ktulu @ Nov. 29 2006,4:37)]As for those of you who keep saying that there will never be peace, isnt that the attitude that prevents peace from even having a chance?  If you consider something impossible your not going to give it the chance it deserves.
When has there ever been peace through out the world? I do not think there will ever be total peace, period. I am a positive guy but lets be realistic here. We have over 6 billion people, not all of us are going to get along.

Back