What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

well this is just mean...............

it is currently right around 0 degrees F here, before windchill.......high this week might be 20 before windchill.........the wife is getting on a plane on Sunday to go to Tampa, Florida and is leaving me in the frozen north............checked the weather channel and its supposed to be around 70-80 down there................thats mean..............just freaking mean...............
sign_help.gif

I consider you lucky. I live in Southern California and we had 90F+ temps about 2 weeks ago in LA!!! Luckily our temps are going down to the high 60's and low 70's!!

Anyway, I would love to experience COLD temps for once in my life. When it gets around 60F here, people start complaining that it's too cold!!!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I assume its snowing up north... right??? Go have fun and make a snowman dedicated to me.  
oh.gif

-A prisoner trapped in sunny California.

snowman? our snow is to dry for snowmen......gotta wait till it starts melting a bit than i can make a snowman..........our snow is about like cold flour..........you want to experiance cold temps? come visit me in two months.......-45 BEFORE windchill is factored in does funny things to Californians
biggrin.gif

it was 60 degrees 3 weeks ago, i was hunting in a t-shirt from dawn to dusk......it got to cold to dang quick......course in another month ill be used to it and out wandering the hills in this weather looking for coyotes............
wink.gif.gif

-45!!!?? WOW!
hail.gif
How do you even survive in that type of weather!? I can't even begin to imagine how cold that must be!
hail.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]course in another month ill be used to it and out wandering the hills in this weather looking for coyotes............
^Sounds fun!
smile.gif

So just grab the kids, pack the truck and drive on down here. It ain't 80 but it ain't 0 either and I can introduce you to some nice people with like interests.

lol actually with almost no humidity -45 isnt as bad as it sounds if yah dont have to be outside. much rather have -20 with no humidity than 10 with 80%.............cold + humidity = miserable......for some reason last year we had a week of around zero with close to 90% humidity......i thought i was dieing, could not get warm for the life of me........few weeks later it was -40 for a week and 10% humidity, didnt bug me at all other than the new pic-up didnt want to start even with the head bolt heaters plugged in all night but my 10 year old Jeep would start right up without being plugged in other than for about 10 minutes.........

Pyro, would love to bt do you realize just how far of a drive that is? i dont mind driving but about as far as i care to drive is Minniapolis MN, Colorado Springs, or Calgary, Alberta all are roughly 12 hours by car and about as long as i care to be trapped in the car with the rug rats

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]-A prisoner trapped in sunny California.

There's worse places to be trapped.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]... roughly 12 hours by car and about as long as i care to be trapped in the car with the rug rats

Like there.
tounge.gif

At least in cold climates the houses are built for it which definitly helps. The realy problem is when you get temps/weather that your house isn't up for. In Germany I could take low temperatures with a snap because when you shut the house up, it's insulated and cozy. Give me an equal temp here and I'll probably be freezin' my bum off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Nov. 28 2006,1:26)]Pyro, would love to bt do you realize just how far of a drive that is? i dont mind driving but about as far as i care to drive is Minniapolis MN, Colorado Springs, or Calgary, Alberta all are roughly 12 hours by car and about as long as i care to be trapped in the car with the rug rats
I do not know the specifics but I have made the drive to Denver from here and I have driven Denver to Stanley ID so if I add the 2 then you get 32 hours. And I'd guess that it is about as far to you as Stanley so that value is probably good.

Anyways with the price of gas it would probably be cheaper to fly down here. And that takes less than 12 hours. Maybe next time the wife goes a galavanting you can convince her to drag you along.

if the new guy had been here for about 2 months longer than he has i would tag along and maybe rent a car and drive up your way to visit for a couple days. unfortunatly i cant leave the new guy alone to print yet...........

in all actuality, barring major problems a friend of mine can and has on several occations made it from here to Jacksonville, Florida in 24 hours.....

I miss the nice dry cold weather. Its better than the wet weather hear in ohio. Alaska it was alot like what you experience. Only It was more like bellow zero for weeks and wouldn't usually top above 20. but once it hit 30 it felt like it was 60 and I would want to wear Shorts!

Stupid Ohio, no hills/mountains.... no snow... no fun!

i had one person comment to me that they had gone to college over in Bozeman..........he couldnt believe the girls would start sun bathing as soon as there was enough snow of the south side of one of the hills to put down a towel/blanket...............he swore it couldnt have been more than 45 or 50 degrees out.....still snow on the north side of the hills and in the shade.......we is a hardy bunch
tounge.gif

It's been a nice 72 here in georgia
smile.gif

One thing I hate about the south is when we DO get snow it's like slush and only lasts an hour....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I consider you lucky. I live in Southern California and we had 90F+ temps about 2 weeks ago in LA!!! Luckily our temps are going down to the high 60's and low 70's!!

Anyway, I would love to experience COLD temps for once in my life. When it gets around 60F here, people start complaining that it's too cold!!!
I assume its snowing up north... right??? Go have fun and make a snowman dedicated to me.

-A prisoner trapped in sunny California.

Ok, I was in LA two weeks ago (day trip from Escondito, where we were staying, but that's even farther south), and experienced your "heat wave."

Point 1: You people don't know heat until you have humidity to add to it. Yes, I know it's hotter in the sun where you are, but you can get out of the sun. Here in the NY (and it gets worse as you go south), summer heat waves might only be 95 or so, but with 95% humidity, you can't escape it, and you can't cool off by sweating.

Point 2: Most northerners are nursing the urge sock you in the nose for that post!
mad.gif
cussing.gif
nana.gif
nononono.gif
rant.gif
slap.gif
censor.gif

The things people have the nerve to complain about. "The weather is just too nice! boo hoo hoo"

Quick, someone call 9-1-1 and get the WAAAAAHmbulance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Point 2: Most northerners are nursing the urge sock you in the nose for that post!

LMAO........actually im a bit more easy going.......course ive gotten to watch first hand what our winters do to someone born and raised in southern Cali...........a reporter we had a few years ago was from LA...............she thought we were freaking nuts for living here
tounge.gif

Ratteler and i live in roughly analogus climates. Mine being milder,
biggrin.gif

Crap, that weather is headed my way. But its been an unusualy warm
fall for south dakota, so its about time that it should be becoming like the date says: almost december! All this freze/thaw with no snow is murder for my plant collection bac home. We need consistant cold, with snow

laugh.gif

a good snow before the real cold works best
wink.gif.gif

out here, i'll take anything i get at this point
sad.gif

It's snowed a little yesterday down here in Portland OR. It wasn't much though. It was sticking but it wasn't high enough to really do anything fun. I'm almost 18 and I still love it when it snows. All it does here is rain, rain, and rain. considering that it snowed before December (not common here) were probably in for a lot more.........

.... Ahhhh why did it stop snowing, why? I want more now!!!
biggrin.gif

-peace

we had one winter where we got 4 or 5 feet of snow, which is alot given a foot is the norm. it snowed before the ground froze and acted as a blanket and the ground never actually froze that winter............so even though we got near record snow there really wasnt any flooding cause it melted and sunk into the ground instead of running off which is what usually happens when the ground is froze solid like it is now

Back