What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another gator attack

• Thread starter Lauderdale
  • Start date
This is a very important lesson here. Smoke crack and get mauled by an alligator.

Remember that next time you hit the pipe, Whitney!

...... The more you know *

Man, talk about scaring one sober.

The guy was asking for trouble.  Swiming nude at 4 am in a lake that had two gator attacks in the last year...I wonder if they call him "shorty" now.
scratch.gif
bigsmile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Apgar was taken to the hospital in critical condition with an apparent broken right arm, mutilated buttocks, leg injuries and a partially amputated left arm.

None of the deputies was injured.
laugh.gif
^LOL

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Late Wednesday afternoon, trappers said that they had captured the alligator that had attacked Apgar. The gator is likely to be destroyed.
rant.gif
The alligator should not have to suffer because of the guy's stupidity. Imagine: A guy high on crack, comes into your home at 4AM. Will you defend yourself and your property if the guy is threatening you?? Of course! So, do you get punished? No!
rant.gif

It's not the gator's fault!!!
cussing.gif

The sick irony here is that the guy is going to get out of the hospital, go right back to the rock and then do something really stupid and likely kill someone else.

Should have just let the gator eat him. No reason Darwinism can not work for the human race just cause we are "intelligent"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (joossa @ Nov. 30 2006,1:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Late Wednesday afternoon, trappers said that they had captured the alligator that had attacked Apgar. The gator is likely to be destroyed.
rant.gif
The alligator should not have to suffer because of the guy's stupidity. Imagine: A guy high on crack, comes into your home at 4AM. Will you defend yourself and your property if the guy is threatening you?? Of course! So, do you get punished? No!
rant.gif

It's not the gator's fault!!!
cussing.gif
That sucks! Not the gators fault the guy was on crack and being stupid. Beyond that it is pretty funny he was naked at 4 in the morning. I thought the gator was being nice not getting the guy in the most important spot.  
laugh.gif

If only it could have been prevented somehow.

Yeah I heard about this last night and at first my bf and I thought he was fishing or something, then they tell us he was smoking crack and butt naked,lol. If you ask me he totally deserved it! Just like someone else mentioned, it is not the gators fault and should not be destroyed for this. it was the gators HOME he was invading. I thought they were just going to relocate the gator
sad.gif

No one deserves to be mauled by a giant lizard... well some people but not the average joe, or average crackhead.

The alligator doesn't deserve to be killed either, but hey that's the way it goes. What are you gonna do.

I think he does deserve it if he's that stupid! What am I gonna do? I'm gonna kidnap the gator and let him go! FREE GATOR!!

Being stupid is him trying to pet it....or trying to figure out the sex. Something tells me, and call me crazy for this, but something tells me this was an.. what's the word? Accident.

The sad thing is, this was probably not the first time this alligator was approached by humans. Most likely, someone decided to feed it, and then it started to associate humans with food, and thus becoming a danger. Honestly, and glad this guy got attacked and not some little kid. I used to live in Florida and learned this from the local alligator catcher 'Gator Bill.
Brian
PS I also hope that the alligator is moved to a special reserve, where they can't escape, unfortunately, these run out of room quickly and the alligator can't just be released because it is now dangerous.

Maaan, why can't this happen to my crackhead neighbor?

Some people have all the luck.
down.gif

Heh.. "mauled buttocks".. looks like that gator was trying to get a little crack himself.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JRFxtreme @ Nov. 30 2006,4:23)]Heh.. "mauled buttocks".. looks like that gator was trying to get a little crack himself.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Heh.. "mauled buttocks".. looks like that gator was trying to get a little crack himself.

LOL!! LOL!! LOL!!!
laugh.gif
^That joke made my day!

I'm with Pyro; the human gene pool needs a good dose of chlorine.

Oh, and JLAP, alligators aren't lizards; they're actually more closely related to birds than to other reptiles. (Technically, they're the last of Archosauria, a reptile group which ruled the planet for over 240 million years, and includes dinosaurs.)

Mokele

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Giant Archosaur doesn't sound the same lol.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JRFxtreme @ Nov. 30 2006,6:23)]Maaan, why can't this happen to my crackhead neighbor?

Some people have all the luck.  
down.gif

Heh.. "mauled buttocks".. looks like that gator was trying to get a little crack himself.
That was freakin hilarious!!!
laugh.gif
woot.gif

Alligators have a natural fear of humans. Any wild gator will flee from any human that gets too close to it. Only exceptions are if it's protecting it's nest.

Only time a non nesting wild gator will attack a human is if it fears that it is threatened and can't escape. It will defend itself as will almost any other animal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The sad thing is, this was probably not the first time this alligator was approached by humans. Most likely, someone decided to feed it, and then it started to associate humans with food

This is a sad thing. The more contact gators have with humans the less fear they have of them. When they are feed by humans they start to expect to be feed when they see one. So if a human gets close, the gator thinks it's there to feed him and they attack.

So this is another example of us being in the wrong and the animal is blamed and punished.

Now I have a few comments about this case.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The deputies said that they could not shoot the animal because it was too dark and they might have hit Apgar,

Why would they want to shoot the gator it's doing us a favor by getting rid of another crackhead.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The gator is likely to be destroyed.

Again, why kill this animal. They should give it a medal. Since he has already shown that he is willing to attack and eliminate crackheads we should use tax payers money to dig a really nice pond in all crack neighborhoods and fill them with this gator and it's offspring.

I do have a troubling question about this case though. I think that the truth behind this case has not came out yet. Look at this quote.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Late Wednesday afternoon, trappers said that they had captured the alligator that had attacked Apgar.

My biggest question is what was Niki doing there. I think I have figured out exactly what happened in this case. Here is what I figured out.

Niki saw a naked man, she started chasing him and he saw a gator filled pond and felt he'd rather take his chances with the gators. I agree with him, by the way. The man jumped in the pond and the gator attacked the man when it was really going after what it thought was a small eel. After the attack Niki jumped in and wrestled the gator because she was chasing the same eel when the incident occurred. She won the fight with the gator and collected the eel and then turned over the gator to the authorities.

This is another example of a invasive species wiping out our natural species.

Back