What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

alone(ish) for the weekend

• Thread starter bugfreak
  • Start date
okay... so i'm really procrastinating from doing housework. ugggh! my hubby left yesterday to go to a 25hr race in california with our big boss. just in time for the nasty weather here too, i might add.
down.gif
that was cool of the boss-man to let him tag along and help out in the pits; and pay his way along with one of his buddies who is eager to get into racing. (imo though, sounds like it would suck- especially for a 25hr race) sucky part? i'm all alone (well the baby's here until later today- then i have to let my sister-in-law take her so i can work my measly 4hours tomorrow) another thing that sucks is that i had to help cover for him at work, too. (i didn't want to work at the same company as the hubby at first- but the price and timing was right. he's also a driver so i don't have to be around him all day at work)

woot.gif
on a positive note: i don't have anyone hogging my computer cause theirs is broke and watching football on the tv. i want to go do something but the cold weather makes me not want to go outside.

what are you folks up to this weekend? what do you do for fun?

Movies, schoolwork, clean the home, and more schoolwork.
smile.gif

What's your address?
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Dec. 01 2006,11:53)]What's your address?
ghostface.gif
1234 Poopy Diaper New Beetle Lane
Arlington, TX 66666

housework sucks. i feel like being totally lazy. i kinda half wish i hired someone to do my cleaning- just this once. the other half who helps out is away. for those of you who think i'm lazy- you're right. my apt is only 1000 square foot plus a 2-car garage and patio. but still!!!! gaw!!!! i don't wanna!!!

Go pamper yourself
biggrin.gif
Shop or get a facial or nails done, whatever,lol. Have you done all your Christmas shopping? I'm one of those who actually like Christmas shopping
tounge.gif
Maybe you're not though. I hope you find something to do
smile.gif

What 0zzy said was pretty funny, hehehe
ghostface.gif

A case of beer and video games was always a good option when I was home alone... lol.

xvart.

Well i USED to garden and take walks on the prarie, keeping my eyes peeled for native flora and interesting bugs.

But I cant cause its winter, im in a dorm, and i have no land. Grr.

Gonna setup my co2 cylinder for injection. Hope It doesn't blow up or leak and suffocate me in my sleep.

"If you set up your co2 cylinder improperly your 'gonna have a bad time...." LMAO!

Might drink a little. Won't get poopfaced.

co2, those were the days.
ooo.gif
ooo.gif

This planted tank crap is nightmarishly complicated for me. Reefs and coral are way easier.

Still, i'm always excited about setting up a new toy!

you guys are way too nerdy for me.
tounge.gif

well, my babysitter crapped out on me so i'm stuck with the kidd-o so i can't go anywhere anyway. thought about video games but that doesn't really work with a curious baby sometimes. geez! she's got the cable remote again. just a minute ago she called her dad's phone- just pushing buttons.

i about bit all my nails off trying to find somebody to watch her while i go to work for a few hours tomorrow. i would just take her but it's not safe since i'm the only one who's there on saturdays. i don't really have anyone to call in to or i woulda.

funny, i can keep the baby alive and happy but i don't fare as well with plants in general... yet i keep being drawn to them for some reason. i quit plants all together for about a year or so. oh well, at least it's not the other way around- or i'd have some SERIOUS problems.

If my figuring and mapquest are correct, Ozzy should be about halfway there. depending on the road conditions. I hope he gets there in time to babysit.LOL
Lois

keep some easy to care for plants so even if you kill most, its impossible to kill them ALL. Like, uh, pothos, draconia, devil's ivy, spider plants. Then you will never be without plants.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Dec. 02 2006,12:56)]keep some easy to care for plants so even if you kill most, its impossible to kill them ALL. Like, uh, pothos, draconia, devil's ivy, spider plants. Then you will never be without plants.
yes, yes of course.

Lol, wrong thread?

um

no

OOOOOHHHHH Ok I see what you'r talking about now.

hey, guys. i bit most of my nails off cause i couldn't get ahold of my sister-in-law. i was about to have to restort to trying to hire someone from craigslist (and end up with a total stranger). luckily, last night i got word that my friend's 13 year old daughter could watch her. they are at my place until i get off work in a couple of hours.

here is a link to the racetrack where my hubby is at:
Thunderhill

the 25hr race is going on right now- then they are going to pack up and head home directly afterwards. betcha my man looks hot but awkward in one of those fireproof suit thingies. (awkward cause he's 6'4" and the suit is for a normal sized person)

anyway, my daugher ate some peat moss last night. in a panic, i pm'd Ozzy cause he's a nerd. everything's good.

MMMM... nothing better than a mud pie
smile.gif

wonder if it gives you heartburn?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]in a panic, i pm'd Ozzy

You must have been in a panic when you seek my help.

LOL

Next time melt some cheese in the moss, It'll make it taste a lot better.

Peat Moss=The next High Fiber diet fad. We heard it here first folks!
laugh.gif

Back