What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Story of how Satan came to be found in the bible?

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date

joossa

Aklys
I noticed (in the Book of Revolation topic) that several people are knowledgeable about the Christian bible. So, some of you might be able to help me...

I was just wondering, is the story of how Satan came to be found in the Christian bible?? Is there such story? If so, can you please state the specific book, chapter, verse, etc. I can find it in? If not, is there a book or site that has this story?

I think it would be an interesting read...
Thanks for your help!

believers need non believers
yin needs yan
black needs white
etc.....

I get the whole good vs. evil, ying/yang, etc. My question dealt with the apperance of Satan's creation/history and weather the story is found in the Bible.

Thanks for the sites Clint.

One of them mentioned:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to earth... You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God... I will make myself like the Most High." But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit. (Isaiah 14:12-15)

However, although this passage might look like it is speaking about Satan it is not. Satan is actually not a prominent figure in the Bible (although some might argue that its presence can be seen throughout). Passages, such as the one quoted above, can sometimes be taken out of their original context and given a new meaning based on current Christian beliefs.

It says that Satan is not a "prominent figure in the bible", and that his history is not completely clear. So, does this mean that the story of God creating him, him betraying god, then him falling to Earth and establishing his own kingdom (Hell) is not actually stated in the bible? The thing is, I actually want to read about his creation in the bible (if it is in there..)...

Thanks again!

Its in Genesis. He's Lucifer, a serpent in the garden of eden.

He has many names.

Did he establish his own kingdom? I thought god made it for him and the other fallen angels?

He isn't IMO, a big figure in the bible.. He's the dude working behind the scenes.

You might be interested in the Book of Enoch. It's not found the the bible, but long ago it was a big deal to people.

The Bible doesn't say a whole lot about him, particularly about the time before the creation of humankind. About all ist says is that satan is an angel, a created being, by God, and that he a happy camper with his position and decided to rebel. He managed to convince about 1/3 of the other angels to do the same. Much more of his described subsequent to mankind, especially with his interaction with us. Revelation provides a lot more about his sealed fate. Feel free to PM me if you's like to discuss this and related matters. Not that I am the foremost expert, mind you, but I did like the book better than the movies....

Another good book to read, written by C.S. Lewis, is called, "The Screwtape Letters", set in England, during WW2.

Why would god create him if he was to become a rebel?

Because he's god and he has to give him the chance. God also knew Eve would disobey him but he had to create her and give her a chance anyway.

If satan ever repented all would be forgiven, and god's arms are always open even though he knows it will never happen. God loves satan.

Keep in mind that I don't believe any of this, I'm just talking from a christian perspective.

I wonder if God has fewer regrets about Satan than about Pat Robertson.

I'm sure he does, bruce. I'm sure he does
cry.gif

Yeah, I'm kinda that way too, but if god created satan and eve, which causes us to sin, and (if we're bad enough) to go to hell, then he isn't all loving.

But if that's they way it's worded then, oh well.???

Well, according to christianity god doesn't send us to hell, he saves us from it. If we choose not to accept his salvation then there's nothing he can do.

PLEASE everyone keep in mind i'm an atheistic agnostic.

Ok! yeah, i also wonder if he regrets, Michael Jackson, Osama, Sadam, and a few others.

I think MJ is weird as hell but innocent of the allegations.

The bible is still a fantastic story, weather you are christian or not.

Back