What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New macro lens

Here are some new pics that I took after receiving a new macro lens for my birthday.  I hope you enjoy!

D.aliciae
P1050030.sized.jpg

VFT
P1050078.sized.jpg

D.scorpioides
P1050104.sized.jpg

D.burmannii seedling
P1050152.sized.jpg

Unknown sundew  (looks like D.sessifolia to me)
P1050165.sized.jpg

D.graminifolia
P1050121.sized.jpg

P1050124.sized.jpg

D.capensis
P1050144.sized.jpg

U.subulata seeds
P1050151.sized.jpg

D.spatulata
P1050168.sized.jpg

SWeetness!

I like the Utric seed's it has got the little hole and every thing really neat looking!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Dec. 04 2006,7:47)]SWeetness!

I like the Utric seed's it has got the little hole and every thing really neat looking!
Thanks for the complement! This new lens gives me 4:1 macro and is fun to use.
dewy

Nice lens!

The unknown sundew is also D. burmanii.

Hmm What does this mean?

Focus AF/MF Switchable
Manual Focus (Joystick)
Normal/Macro (Dial)
Continuous AF On/Off

Im most interested in how you focus w/ cameras I hate the Auto focus with Sensors and crap cause its impossible for me to use... But i cope. Could you explain this cameras Focusing Cape ablitys?

Gr8 Pix , Dewy
What a gr8 present that is.
Lois

I love pics of Drosera glands! Really great pics.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Dec. 04 2006,9:46)]Hmm What does this mean?

Focus AF/MF Switchable
Manual Focus (Joystick)
Normal/Macro (Dial)
Continuous AF On/Off

Im most interested in how you focus w/ cameras I hate the Auto focus with Sensors and crap cause its impossible for me to use... But i cope. Could you explain this cameras Focusing Cape ablitys?
This camera has up to a 9 area auto focus area and is extremely fast at auto focusing. To use the manual focus you first press the AF/MF to switch the focus to manual. Then you use the joystick to change the focusing distance up or down. The auto focus is so good that I rarely use the manual focus, except for macro work. The continuous AF is basically whether you want the camera to automatically focus on anything you point it at. I always leave it on since it makes auto focus even quicker (under 1 second for 9 area AF). You can even control the aperature, shutter speed, flash brightness, white balance, and many other DSLR like features. I hope this helps your questions. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have about this camera.
dewy

Oh, Yes you definitely helped my question, you have to use a Joystick. I am looking casually i might add, for a camera that Has the 32mm type of Focusing. (around the lens twist left and right focusing)

thanks!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Dec. 06 2006,3:35)]Oh, Yes you definitely helped my question, you have to use a Joystick. I am looking casually i might add, for a camera that Has the 32mm type of Focusing. (around the lens twist left and right focusing)

thanks!
How about the Panasonic FZ50? It is the same as the FZ7 except that it has the twist ring for manual focusing and has 10 megapixels. It is also compatable with the macro lens.
dewy

Back