What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just wanted to share some news

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
My boyfriend and I just set a date to get married! April-27th 2008, a day before my 27th Birthday. I'm shocked actually cause we've talked about marriage before and he wasn't really into it cause he's been married and divorced twice before, but then this morning he told me (through an email,lol) that he's been thinking about it and he's ready and thinks it's a great idea. I'm not a legal resident of America yet, I have a Visa so I'm here legally but if we get married I will become a legal resident, I think I have that right. I am so incredibly HAPPY
oh.gif
woot.gif

-Niki-

Congratulations!  I don't think my wife would have been so accepting of an emailed proposal, so it's good that email wasn't available then.

Congrats

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Dec. 06 2006,11:30)]Congratulations!  I don't think my wife would have been so accepting of an emailed proposal, so it's good that email wasn't available then.
Hehe, it was really cute actually, it's a looooong story so I won't get into it, but it really doesn't bother me at all
smile.gif
I've noticed that he can express himself way better through emails than if we were just talking face to face, we need to work on that,lol. Thanks for the congrats guys
smile.gif

clap9re.gif
Congratulations!
clap9re.gif

Thank you joossa
wink.gif.gif
I have a permanent smile
smile.gif

Congratulations! I hope you both will be very happy. My advice...don't spend money on a wedding. Spend it doing something fun for the both of you....party, trip, etc. Leave out the crazy family members and do what makes y'all happy.

boogie.gif
woot.gif

AMEN PAK !! We don't want you guys to start off on the nutty realtive wedding stories yet. Congratulations Niki ! Maybe you should register for some CP's !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Dec. 06 2006,12:22)]Congratulations!  I hope you both will be very happy.  My advice...don't spend money on a wedding.  Spend it doing something fun for the both of you....party, trip, etc.  Leave out the crazy family members and do what makes y'all happy.

boogie.gif

woot.gif
Oh man I can't imagine Jeff's mom being at the wedding! His first wedding his dad was soooo drunk, it was not good! That won't happen this time cause his dad has passed away but I still have to worry about his mom. When I told her this morning that Jeff and I set a date, she said oh wow I'm so happy, but 2008, gee I hope you two can stay together that long! I was like uh YEAH we will! No big wedding, we don't have the money for it and probably won't in 2008 either. I like PAK's idea, sounds good to me! Thanks for the congrats, I'm still all smiles  
woot.gif

Oh and my flower bouque I want to be Sars!
nana.gif

Thanks nep_ak!

I just called my mom at work (in Canada) to tell her the great news. I couldn't wait any longer, I had to tell someone in my own family! I don't know what to say,lol. I told her and she was SHOCKED! I mean really shocked. She sounded very confused, and I'm like what are you shocked about, you knew this might happen! I said it's not till 2008 so you have some time, she said oh good 2008 is good,lol! She had to let me go cause she just kept saying, I have to sit down, I have to sit down! Thank goodness she works in the hospital! She said she really IS happy but I'm her only child so this is HUGE for her, and that's all fine and dandy but I thought she would be screaming for joy and such! She said she'll call me when she gets home from work, but now I'm worried that she's crying her eyes out, as am I cause I really thought she would be overjoyed! I don't know how to feel, I'm really confused
rock.gif
In the movies, everytime a girl told their mom that they're getting married, they would be jumping for joy and so happy and it would be the dad who was upset over it. I have no clue how my dad will react now that I've seen my mom react like this. Boy am I confused!

I know that i'm a little late but, Congrats! I hope that you guys have a good time together!

You're not late Farmer Dave
smile.gif
Thank you
smile.gif

Don't worry too much. Movies seldom reflect what happens in true life. I have known many cases (in my family) where parents are not too happy with the partner their son/daughter chooses.

As long as you are happy with yourself and your decision, then others' opinions shouldn't really matter.
oh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (joossa @ Dec. 06 2006,4:28)]Don't worry too much. Movies seldom reflect what happens in true life. I have known many cases (in my family) where parents are not too happy with the partner their son/daughter chooses.

As long as you are happy with yourself and your decision, then others' opinions shouldn't really matter.  
oh.gif
I totally agree but the thing is my mom really does like Jeff, so that's why I'm really shocked that she reacted like this. She acted like I just told her that I'm going to marry the guy who physically and verbally abuses me, which is not true, so I don't know.....
rock.gif

congrds

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] the movies, everytime a girl told their mom that they're getting married, they would be jumping for joy and so happy and it would be the dad who was upset over

you were expecting her to react like in the movies?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't know.....

ask her then. im shure she'd tell you

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Dec. 06 2006,5:10)]congrds

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] the movies, everytime a girl told their mom that they're getting married, they would be jumping for joy and so happy and it would be the dad who was upset over

you were expecting her to react like in the movies?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't know.....  

ask her then. im shure she'd tell you
Well I wasn't expecting her to react exactly like they do in the movies, but I certainly wasn't expecting this. I would have asked her if she wouldn't have hurried me off the phone, she was in so much shock she thought she was going to fall to the ground so I got really worried about her and asked her if there was anyone around her to help, and she said not yet, but I'm sure they will be soon when they see what condition I'm in! I wanted to call back to see if she was alright but I didn't want to upset her even more. But like she said she'll call me when she gets home from work and I know she will, and I know deep down she's very happy for me, for us, but I guess I caught her off guard. I talked to Jeff about it and he said he's sure when my mom and I talk tonight it will be different and it will have sunk in by then, at least a little bit, and she will be happy. I sure hope so, now I'm worried how my dad will react
sign_help.gif

Congratulations!

I hope you two have a great wedding and happy and long life together.

PS, you never answered my question about if you wanted to allow me to make jokes in your posts or not. I'll hold any humor until you answer that question publicly.

Again, Congratulations!.
beer.gif

Congratulations!

May God fill your marriage with life-lasting joy and companionship!

yes congrats!

Back