What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Launch

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
Space shuttle Discovery took off tonight from Florida and here are some pics I got of it. We even saw the rockets seperate from the shuttle, it was amazing, so bright!

oh.gif
Click on the thumbnails even if it has a red X on it, to view a bigger pic.

Yay! its about time!

What's that mean finch?

You took a pic of a light bulb, theres no way thats the space shuttle.

mad.gif

It does kind of look like a street light with a dim bulb.
rock.gif

Jerry

lol. Well, I for one am impressed. Did you actually go to the launch site or were you somewhere else nearby? I'm not sure what kind of credentials you need to actually go to the launch. What a neat experience. How loud was it?

xvart.

rock.gif
i mean the launch as been a long time coming, with delays in all

People could see the space shuttle with in a certain radius you don't have to go to it when its a night launch!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Dec. 10 2006,1:35)]People could see the space shuttle with in a certain radius you don't have to go to it when its a night launch!
smile.gif
Except shuttle launches don't happen every day, and when they happen at night you would get night pics.

xvart.

A lightbulb?!?! That is such a dumb thing to say, sorry but it is! Anyways, for those that DO believe me....it was amazing! I've never seen a night launch before, or a day one either. We live just an hour away from where it took off, so it was really easy to see it from our front/back yard. Jeff and I plan on going to the next one to see it up close, should be awesome! The last one that was launched at night was the Columbia shuttle, the one that blew up
sad.gif

A lightbulb!
slap.gif

My parents live about 20 minutes south of Cape Canaveral and my Dad works for the military so he got passes to be in the closest location to the launch pad. He said it was amazing. Me and my girlfriend saw it from Gainesville.

That's awesome. I've always wanted to see a manned spaceflight launch. It used to be you could get reservations for a scheduled shuttle launch and actually park/camp-out in an area of the spaceport. No more since 9/11.

Vandenburg AFB out here in California has plenty of missile launches but they seldom reveal the schedules. If you should be driving in the area during a launch the cops will close off the roads and tell you you're in for a treat.

Back