What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Los Angeles CP Society

Hi all Angelinos,
The next meeting of the LACPS is this Saturday, Dec 18. (oops! Correction--Dec 16)

We will be having a Holiday Potluck, CP gift exchange, and I will be giving a presentation on the Drosera petiolaris group.

Hope you all will try and make it!

Peter

I'm gonna cry. You're actually doing the gift exchange and the potluck and your presentation and I'm in San Diego for the weekend. Anyway I believe next saturday is the 16th, not the 18th.

Well I'd encourage all you folks who live in the greater LA area or even the bay area or AZ to get your buts to Alhambra for the meeting because yes we're a little nutty but ya can't beat an LACPS meeting for good times. One guy came out from New Zealand and he doesn't regret it.
tounge.gif

Peter

im going to come from Borneo one day...
smile.gif
When Im rich and can Grow Nepenthes in my back yard and Sarracenia in a Freezer green house...
biggrin.gif

Peter, sorry to hear you won't make it!
Oh well.... Happy Holidays and many CP returns!
tounge.gif

Peter 2.

Sounds like fun. I've never been to one of the meetings. Maybe I'll make it over from Venice (California, not Italy)
smile.gif

LACPS Meetings

Outta curiosity, how far is Venice from LA? i.e. how long would the trip take you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (quogue @ Dec. 13 2006,7:47)]Outta curiosity, how far is Venice from LA? i.e. how long would the trip take you?
6,152 miles. Are you swimming or taking a boat?

(I think he meant CA as well.)

-Ben

Quote (quogue @ Dec. 13 2006,7:47)
Outta curiosity, how far is Venice from LA? i.e. how long would the trip take you?

BOB Z. Says;6,152 miles. Are you swimming or taking a boat?

Bob Z.you are so funny. I can't get up off the floor, I am laughing so hard.
Lois

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BobZ @ Dec. 13 2006,5:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (quogue @ Dec. 13 2006,7:47)]Outta curiosity, how far is Venice from LA? i.e. how long would the trip take you?
6,152 miles. Are you swimming or taking a boat?
---------ZING!!---------- haha, I got zinged...

Google maps says 26 miles. That means 32 minutes without traffic.

Now Not a Number has no excuse for not going! I've ridden my bike further when I was in JHS. And these days I drive to the ferry, take it across the LI Sound and drive to the hotel I stay at to catch the next days NECPS meeting in RI.
Trip takes around 4hrs.
Course I can't make it too often, but I'll always be at the Shows and the X-Mas meetings!
Being in a Society is one of the best things a grower can do. Gives you access to great plants, trades, info, growing tips, networks and it's great to hang around and discuss the subject with a buncha other people who are just as into into it as you are.
And the Shows are great too!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rubra @ Dec. 14 2006,7:42)]Google maps says 26 miles. That means 32 minutes without traffic.
By land or by sea? And I just gave the gondolier the rest of Dec off for Christmas
jestera.gif

Well, I made it to the meeting, although the traffic on Garfield made wish I had gone by sea.

Fun indeed with a great group of people. Any meeting that includes a dog and a cat certainly gets my approval.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with that pesky D. paradoxa "Mt. Bumford".

Glad you made it. I'm just waiting for the day when a dog or cat gets eaten at the meeting
oh.gif

Hey Peter, sorry you missed the meeting. There was definitely a lot of food, fun, and frivolity!
We had a great crowd, i think it's because we offered lunch! You know how us Cp'ers like food, just like our plants!
tounge.gif

Peter

Back