What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pesticides can now be sprayed over waterways!

Finch

Whats it to ya?
GAAAAAAAAHHHH

Ok I’m calm.

The bush administration announced recently that pesticide users would no longer have to get a federal Clean Water Act permit to spray toxic chemicals over and on rivers, lakes, and streams. This is on top of his other past efforts of restricting some rivers, streams and wetlands from federal protection!

AND last month with little fanfare the administration decided permits were not needed under the c'ean water act to spray near waterways!

Dang that’s the water some of us drink from. Special interests over public health
mad.gif

Im reading this from today’s newspaper so im sorry but I don’t have any links for you. I hope atleast some of you are as outraged at this as I am.

I'd say bush should drink the water before he signs the bill.

I say they spray over his pool... the white house needs to look clean and prestige doesn't it?
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The bush administration announced recently that pesticide users would no longer have to get a federal Clean Water Act permit to spray toxic chemicals over and on rivers, lakes, and streams.
Can they just decide to change the policy like that? Doesn't there need to be approval from the house and senate (just like a law) because it's a federal regulation? Please post a link when you get one!

This is ridiculous!
mad.gif

yes it is!

I say that they should make a routine trip and spray over the white house every other week.:angry:
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Farmer dave says
I say that they should make a routine trip and spray over the white house every other week.:angry:
I think every hour would not be too much to get rid of that insect living in the white house.

stupid roaches they keep getting stupider every term...

shhh we dont want it to close down the forum cause we are dissing him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Can they just decide to change the policy like that? Doesn't there need to be approval from the house and senate (just like a law) because it's a federal regulation
the second part of the artical explained yes he can, how, and why, but i dont have that anymore, i left the article in the library where i typed this post on their wireless, but i will try to find a link tomorrow

The executive branch, such as the EPA, has a lot of power to interpret regulations. The judicial branch will typically defer to the executive branch's interpretation.  It's up to the legislative branch to fix it.

I recently saw this administration refered to as an Environmental Taliban - which seemed quite appropriate. This judgement / ruling is consistent w/ most of their policy actions in the environmental area - the list is long & just keeps growing.....
sign_help.gif

Back