What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My gliders finally did it!

dont think the glider would like it if I put it in my pants now would it?
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Dec. 12 2006,6:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I hope Britney wears underwear this time!

I sure hope she don't. The internet is sooooo great.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Some women put the glider(s) in their bra and keep them in there all day (they're nocturnal) and this way they get to know the persons scent, I did this it was neat.

I know Fl. has to have a animal cruelty law. Something has to be done about this, These animals just can't be put through that tourture any longer. We have to call the APL or PETA or somebody.

This is worse than anything I have ever seen on that animal cops show.

angry.gif
Yes the internet is great, but lets just say I've seen way better. Ok totally offtopic now!

Is that the best you can come up with 0zzy about my bra??
slap.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Dec. 12 2006,7:46)]dont think the glider would like it if I put it in my pants now would it?
laugh.gif
Ewww that's grossssss!
jestera.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Is that the best you can come up with 0zzy about my bra??
slap.gif

No, but I couldn't stand thinking about it anymore.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]dont think the glider would like it if I put it in my pants now would it?
laugh.gif

I wouldn't advise that, you know hom much they like peanuts.

nononono.gif

Bad ozzy, bad.

Lol, that made me laugh.

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Dec. 12 2006,9:37)]
nononono.gif

Bad ozzy, bad.  

Lol, that made me laugh.

-Ben
Yes 0zzy, very bad
nana.gif

Just an update, I really think my female glider is pregnant now, she is definetly showing signs. They mated on the 10th of December so she should be giving birth on the 26th of December and then into the pouch the babies go for 2 months
tounge.gif
WoooHooo!
biggrin.gif

Yay! When I saw this post had been bumped by you I got so excited and was hoping it had been 14 days or whatever and was expecting to see some pics of babies! Oh well, I can wait a few more days now that you are near positive that she is pregnant!

xvart.

Trapper, I expect to see pics of the kids ASAP! My daughter wants to see them too!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ Dec. 12 2006,3:06)]Some women put the glider(s) in their bra and keep them in there all day (they're nocturnal) and this way they get to know the persons scent, I did this it was neat.
i spent a day doing the same thing once...

I'm excited too! But I won't be able to take pics for quite some time after they're born and they enter the pouch, that is where they will stay for approx. 70 days to finish growing. Just before the 70 days is up I will see some body parts hanging out of the mom's pouch, like a little black tail or a foot, lol. Then the babies come out and start wandering around the cage and eating big glider food
tounge.gif
That's when I can take pics, so you'll have to wait about another 2 and a half months
sad6.gif
I hope I'm right about her being pregnant though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ Dec. 20 2006,7:11)]Just before the 70 days is up I will see some body parts hanging out of the mom's pouch, like a little black tail or a foot, lol. Then the babies come out and start wandering around the cage and eating big glider food
tounge.gif
That is the cutest thing I've read in a while. Can't wait! So will you know when she gives birth, or does she birth quietly and then immediately scoop up the babies and put them in the pouch?

xvart.

ok so whats the expected date from when they finaly fall out... I mean come out of the pouch?

Xvart, I've never witnessed a glider birth before, so I'm really not sure. All I know is that she does it alone and the daddy just watches,lol, kind of just stays out of the way. It can happen at any time of day, they're nocturnal but she can still give birth in the day. She will have some contractions before the birth so I'll look for that. She actually won't help the babies at all when it comes to them getting into her pouch, the babies have to climb on their own up and find the pouch, then get in it and find a nipple which they will be latched onto for 2 whole months, this will be a very critical time because the babies are blind and deaf still at this point, so hopefully they will make it alright by themselves, if I notice that one has fallen then I can place it back onto the mommy's tummy, near her pouch and hopefully it will be ok then, if not I will have to try and hand raise it myself. When the babies come out of the pouch approx. 70 days later, then the daddy will help, he's not useless throughout the whole thing,lol. He will carry the babies on his back and bring them food as well, as will the mom.

Nep-ak, If she got pregnant on the day that I saw them mating (December,10th) then they should be born on or around December-26th, then they will come out of the pouch for good around March-7th of next year, loooong time! But since they're only in the mom's belly for 16 days, they have to do the rest of the growing in the pouch. I hope I'm right about her being pregnant, we're really excited!

Why not just.. stay in the uterus atleast a little longer. What's the reason for birthing so early and going to the pouch? Is there an advantage to that over staying in the uterus longer?

because milk is cheaper for the body to make than a whole babie

OOOH really? I did not know that. Neat!

I didn't know that either! I wouldn't have been able to answer you JLAP.

OMG OMG OMG!!! She had them!!! I didn't see her give birth but we just got home and I had to check cause today was her due date and the first thing she did when I looked in their sleeping pouch is lick her own pouch! I thought that was weird cause she never did that before! So I took her out and opened up her pouch and I saw one little pink baby in there!!!! I don't know if she had one or more (they usually have two). I didn't want to stress her out too bad so as soon as I saw one I put her back. It's sooooo cute! No eyes, no ears, just pink! I am soooo happy you guys, I started crying! In a couple of weeks she will start showing some lumps as the baby (s) grow. I am totally psyched! What an awesome Christmas present!!! And she was right on time too, exactly 16 days! I know xvart is going to be so happy
tounge.gif
Well just wanted to share, WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Ok well it looks like she only had one baby, but that's great! I just hope it's a healthy baby
smile.gif
Jeff and I will be thinking of names, something to do with Christmas I think, but we have to find out if it's a boy or girl first. I don't know what's going on because the male won't go back into their sleeping pouch, looks like the momma has kicked him out for now
tounge.gif

Back