What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maybe the U.S. should hold talks with Iran

It's... God I can't fathom how... ooh boy....

Yes we should still talk. He's just an ignorant hateful SOB. I hate that dude.

Anyone think he looks like Robin Williams?

Getting along with people you don't agree with is part of politics.

Talks should be held, regardless.

If you can't get along with even the simply ignorant, then how to you expect to accomplish anything at all?

I in no way think that the idea that the Holocaust never happened are on the right track (I'm German... I know a little bit about it,) but a leader is a leader and you need to deal with whoever is in power.

Oh, and the CIA told me to tell you guys that there are other ways and that I'm wrong. But that's just the CIA.
tounge.gif

Yes, talk by all means. I know, let's make it multi-party. Who should we invite to the party?

Iran has been pretty progressive in some respects compared to the middle east. In some ways they are more similar to us than other middle eastern countries.

And is their presedent democratically elected?
scratch.gif

I think i heard that somewhere...

too bad their ruler is a loony
crazy.gif
rock.gif

Why cant they just have a international herbal oil convention or something like that. MMM herb oil
oil.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]MMM herb oil

All you American pigs care about is oil, ISN'T IT?! THAT'S the only reason you want talks!

tounge.gif

Well, its either hold talks now or wait until Iran tries something really stupid. Or we could get our behinds outta there and 50% of the problem will be solved
tounge.gif

While the world waits for Iran to do something really stupid, the US has done one stupid thing after another.  Anyway, Iran's leader denies the holocaust happened and ours denies global warmiing is happening.  It's a draw.

I don't think global warming and the holocaust are equal things. BTW didn't you hear that cow farms are causing global warming? Trees also!
oh.gif

Iran also is saying it's Nuclear program is for "peaceful purposes" and are purposely manipulating the negotiations to their favor to buy time until they say "surprise, look what we got" and promptly give one to Hezzbullah to nuke Israel and to smuggle one into the US and maybe Europe by way of some unknown Terrorist group to wait for the signal.

They also support & supply some of the most dangerous militias that are causing a lot of the problems in Iraq.

I'll say it's about as worthless negotiating with Iran as it was with Hitler. All we did is appease and encourage him and look what happened. Do you all want that to happen again? Then keep talking about how we should respect their "feelings" and to "talk" with them.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you should also respect my "feelings" and opinions.

One last thing, the KKK is all like "God Bless White America" but there Duke goes over to hang out with probably America's worst enemy just to blurt out his bullpoop to people who'll listen. What a Moron.

Well... Hitler was on meth.

A meth crazed antisemetic dictator or a religious nut antisemetic "president" with an agenda. Which is worse?

I have a question. When they say death to the jews is that a religious thing or do they mean death to the isrealis and just say jews because almost all of them are jewish? I've always wondered that.

trees? haha riiiight
laugh.gif
they relese violate organic compounds, those arnt greenhouse gasses
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Dec. 13 2006,10:36)]trees? haha riiiight
laugh.gif
they relese violate organic compounds, those arnt greenhouse gasses
tounge.gif
Actually there was a study done in one of the rainforests that showed that trees caused global warming.

Well, the answer is simple. Kill the rainforests before they kill us!

We must stop the radical arboreal agenda before it grows too powerful! Rise up against the ficus, oak and pine! Join the fight against global warming!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Actually there was a study done in one of the rainforests that showed that trees caused global warming.

they are carbon sinks. I saw the study, and it did not make such claims. It said they produce a amount of methane that is difficult to calculate nd noted more study is needed. Making wild conclusions is not the thing to do, because the study ALSO noted that they are more valuble as carbon sinks than anything else, and the amount of methane produced was miniscule compared to that. You and i produce methane too. The news media sensationalized the results. Im refering to the report on trees and methane in the Science journal Nature (or was it the journal science? they are smilar) done not too long ago on rainforest trees and their effect on climate. And i mean that the actual study itself was published, not the results.

Farting trees. What's this world coming too?

See? This is where science gets us. Farting trees. What's next? Belching dandylions!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Dec. 13 2006,10:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Actually there was a study done in one of the rainforests that showed that trees caused global warming.

they are carbon sinks. I saw the study, and it did not make such claims. It said they produce a amount of methane that is difficult to calculate nd noted more study is needed. Making wild conclusions is not the thing to do, because the study ALSO noted that they are more valuble as carbon sinks than anything else, and the amount of methane produced was miniscule compared to that. You and i produce methane too. The news media sensationalized the results. Im refering to the report on trees and methane in the Science journal Nature (or was it the journal science? they are smilar) done not too long ago on rainforest trees and their effect on climate. And i mean that the actual study itself was published, not the results.
I was overexaggerating about the trees
smile.gif
. I just think it's funny that everything is the cause of Global Warming. Just like everything is the cause of cancer.

The sad thing is that I have operated on a lady in her 30's or 40's who never smoke drank or did anything to cause cancer. We had to operate on her for lung, liver and stomach cancer. So hell you only live once. If you don;t do any of those things you still could end up with cancer and die.

Now back to the subject Iran does nto need nukes period not even for "peacful" use. If they want nuke power then let us in to run it. Or let the UN run it for them. They should not be allowed to have access to the nuke material. If they wanted the power thenthey shouldn't have a problem with the UN running it. Or build them a reactor that uses something else for the reaction that has no waist left. Look at the spie who was just poisoned with plutonium. So it is already being used from spent fuel or warheads from the Soviet Union. No body talks about it, but it is scary those people have nukes running around. They are just as dangerous as the Jihadists. Pootin is becoming more and more like a dictator himself. It is scary.

Iran has already prooven itself to be untrustworth. Just like the North Koreans. Go ahead and try to talk. You will get no where and end up further behind than before.

Holding talks may be difficult, as a report released today (I think, maybe yesterday) indicated that out of thousands of personnel at the main "embassy" in Iraq, SIX of them spoke arabic fluently. Since Iraqs population is roughly 26 million, I think it's safe to say that them six folks are too busy to do any negotiatin...

And JLAP- I'm no expert, but if it helps to clarify the situation, there is a decent sized Jewish population in Iran (and despite that totally fraudulent "report" a few months ago, they do NOT have to wear identifying symbols or anything- tho the Arab Palestinians must have special license plates in Israel) and from what I've read, the problem isn't with people of the Jewish faith, but rather with the state of Israel itself- f'rinstance, when Irans prez was quoted with "DEATH TO ISRAEL", that was NOT what he said, the direct quote was a more nuanced "the page of history of Israel is soon to turn" or some jive like that- the western media blew it all out of proportion, as at the time the US government was real busily laying the groundwork for some kind of attack on Iran.
With the current butt-whipping the insurgents in Iraq are laying on the US military, that option was taken off the table. Irans prez may be nutty and believe some ridiculous things, but making a public statement that Iran was somehow gonna "wipe it off the map" would be plain stupid, as Israel already has undeclared nukes and could use such a statement to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike, which would be pretty bad for a whole bunch of folks

The US can play tough guy for only so long, having ANY kind of talks with Iran would be a good first step, as Iran is most definitely part of the eventual solution to the mess made of Iraq- I mean, they're right next door, and it doesn't look like the US will be able to hold them off for too long, at this stage, it'd be better to actually make a coalition of regional powers to keep the mess contained- as much as it would be nice to continue to expect any measure of victory, it's over and no amount of bullets and bombs is gonna fix this, so it's either words and diplomacy or else

And for the "Iran is untrustworthy" crowd- the US and Britain are likely not paragons of truth from the other side of the mirror, so both sides will just have to lump it
biggrin.gif

Back