What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wondering about a TF member

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
There was a member on here, I'm not sure but I think his screen name was Copper. Under his AV it said "Copperhead snake bitten boy". He was bit by a copperhead, I don't know when, but I'm just wondering what happened to him, I have not seen him on here and he used to come here all the time. Anybody know what happened to him? I think his name was Noel but i could be totally wrong about that too.
rock.gif

Wasn't that Noah/PondBoy? Not sure what became of him - he was away for a long time, then back for a while, and now I haven't seen anything of him recently. Copper is someone different.
~Joe

Copper's a girl as far as I know.
Oo.gif

-Ben

Yes that was Pondboy. I haven't heard from him in a while.

sad.gif

I wonder what happened to pondboy?
scratch.gif

Jerry

Probably just lost interest.

Where's copper? She's the only officer I ever liked
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Dec. 14 2006,5:16)]Copper's a girl as far as I know.
Oo.gif

-Ben
A girl?!
laugh.gif
She's just a little bit older than a girl...
wink.gif.gif

K, then:

Copper's a female, as far as I know.
Oo.gif

-Ben
lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Dec. 14 2006,7:12)]K, then:

Copper's a female, as far as I know.
Oo.gif

-Ben
lol
Nice save!

I had been wondering about Pondboy too because I don't think he was doing that well when he disappeared.  I've hoped that his interests led him elsewhere.  Since his mother had been posting for him when he was hospitalized before, she might have done it again if he were having problems.  I hope he's OK.

Hospitalized? May I ask what was wrong with him?

I believe it was an intestinal problem induced by the snakebite.

Chron's disease or something like that.

Yes Pondboy, that's it! Last I heard he was not doing well and that's why I was wondering where he was cause I was just curious how he was doing. Pondboy where are you??
sad.gif

Pondboy's real name is Noah. A different person than our forum member Noah.
smile.gif
Pondboy was bitten by a copperhead and many months later became seriously ill with a number of internal problems. He lost a lot of weight and had to have a feeding tube put in. He was away for a long time while hospitalized (many weeks); his mom would come by and update us. Many of us sent him cards and presents and donated money. Then he came back briefly and seemed to be doing much better. He posted a bit and disappeared again. I wish he'd come back. Hopefully he is just busy with life and not ill again. He was an active member for a long time prior to his illness.

Oh man I remember sending him video games when he was hospitalized lol. He sent me a thank-you and a little drawing of a Nepenthes.

cry.gif
Sounds so sad...
cry.gif

I didn't know him (I'm a relatively new member), but I sure hope he's doing okay. Coming down with internal problems from a snake bite sounds horrible.

Hope he is doing well and just moved on from cp's. I have a lot of respect for him, a very positive and strong willed kid for what he was/is dealing with.

Thanks for that PAK, I never really knew the whole story, I hope he's ok though.

JLAP that was really nice of you
smile.gif

ya i remember him clearly, he just kinda disappeared one day.

Oh thanks. Yeah I'm glad I could brighten his day.

Back