What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHOOOOHOOOO!

OK, so If I get into geometry at my school, and I pass and all cause I'm taking it online, and that sucks 3-4 hours out of my night. I can get dread locks, The Catch? I have to take a quiz to get into it since not many people switch like Im doing. How do I get dread locks? If I pass and get into geometry!

NOW, OK I have a question for you, what is you're first thought?

Why do you think that

Do you see dreadlocks related to "stoners" or drug culture?

NOW don't read this till after you have posted, only if you have posted something negative about dreadlocks...

http://www.knottyboy.com/

go to the learn section if you think you "know" dread locks!

hurray!

OH, and if it happens don't worry I will post some pictures
oh.gif

I always thought dreads were the COOLEST hair style there is as long as they are well defined and not lumpy. Lumpy dreads with tapered ends are just blah! I like nice round tips. Blond dreads are so hot. Get blond and pink or blue and that'll be so cool!

I never associated dreads with drug culture. It's about rastifari orginally, and while they do use drugs it's not about drugs. Christians drink wine as communion but their religion isn't about wine. Same deal. I think it's something along the lines of Jah chooses and shapes your dreads or something like that. In modern secular day, it's just a fashion statement to me. I wish I had them but my rents wouldn't let me. I've already got a 9-10 inch afro hehehehe. Red afro. You heard it.

My teacher had them. She was like an Isreali neo-hippie lesbian chick. Wore sandals and was all about saving the earth. REALLY extremely nice woman. Had a car that ran on bio diesel. Hers were down past her butt. They were cool, but they were lumpy and different sizes and had tapered ends. I don't like that. I like perfect uniform dreads with nice rounded tips.

OOH! You could weave colored hemp into them! Neat! And buy those awesome glass dread beads!

I heard when they autopsied Bob Marley's body they found thirty some types of bugs in his dreads.

I don't associate dreads with drugs either. I think JLAP made a very good point. However, I know not everyone you encounter will feel the same way. How long is your hair now?

xvart.

You only find bugs if you don't care to you're dreads correctly.

My hair is about 5-6 inches, I have to wait about a month still so it has time to get about an inch or so longer.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Dec. 16 2006,9:42)]You only find bugs if you don't care to you're dreads correctly.
I'm assuming that Bob Marley did not have the best hygiene, which would support your claim. I think uniform dreads are also much better looking than random size and shape ones, as JLAP also said.

xvart.

Brings a whole new meaning to the word Roach

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! OOOOhhhh man I love that one!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 16 2006,9:56)]Brings a whole new meaning to the word Roach

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! OOOOhhhh man I love that one!
lol. Very nice pun.

xvart.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Dec. 16 2006,9:49)]Do you see dreadlocks related to "stoners" or drug culture?
Yes, I think there are a lot of other people, older than you, who would think the same thing.

Plain and simply, I find "dread"locks look awful on fair-skinned and fair-haired individuals (including some friends). Otherwise I have no problem with the style whatsoever nor do I always associate it with the use of med (though it's pretty obvious who does and doesn't).

Cheers
Amori

I'm not a fan of dreadlocks on Caucasians.  Nothing says poser quite like a white guy with dreadlocks or wearing a dashiki.  That said, a few people (very few) have a personality that lets them get away with it and look great.  But whether I like the look or not, I appreciate anyone who tries to go against the grain.  As long as they don't start thinking they're radical for having dreadlocks or long hair or whatever style they choose.  It's just fashion.

hehehe. K fed brings poser to a whole new level.

Popozao!

Well I wasn't expecting an abundance of full on positive feed back but its what I'm gonna have to expect.

I have a ponytail because I like it that way.  If you like dreadlocks, go for it.  Maybe you're one of the people who can do it.

As you said, a few negative opinions here don't matter.  But a lot of people will consider you unreliable or a drug user or whatever and it can limit your options.  I didn't grow my hair long until I passed my mid-30s and was established in life.  I'm pretty positive I wouldn't have been hired if I had the ponytail when I interviewed for my job 14 years ago.  And I wouldn't be surprised if it's reduced my options for transferring to other jobs at work.

Back