What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My word is it to much to ask....

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
To get a ramdom stuff area since we cannot have a random conversation thread anymore? Sometimes people just want to talk about random usless stuff. That is why it is called talking and not a discution. It is obvious FarmerJohn just wanted to talk in his boredom thread and it got locked because it was just useless jabber. Heck sometimes that is all you want to do. May we please have a little corner to do that? Just ramble among friends?

May we.......

can we.............

huh huh......................

Please.............................

Thats aka spam, spam forums are ok, but some people will post randomly just to get their post number up.

I think that had the discussion eventually evolved in to having a point there could have been something. But it was just a bunch of "talk to me" "what u want 2 talk about?" "I dunno, what u want 2 talk about?". I didn't close it, but I think it's fine to have a random or spontaneous thread so long as a) follows forum rules b) posts are more than a few words long c) more than two or three people are involved d) there's some sort of point or way to justify it's use of bandwith.

I'm all for random disccusion, but have a topic in mind when you make a thread, even if it's just "Hey, did anyone do anything interesting today?"

Can't people that just want to talk meet up in the chat room? I have entered the chat room several times in the past weeks, but no one ever seems to be there...

Just a thought...

that is a good idea, but If I am at work I can't get into the chatroom.

So it was an idea, and yea Nepenthes AK I know what spam is. But it is onlynormaly called that when you just post stupid stuff in a thread with a topic. Spam is unwanted, but if there was a thread/forum for it then it is not considered that.

I don;t knowhow much bandwidth we have here, or how much is currently being used, but is it close to capacity or something?

Why should you be in a chat room at work?

I'm all for JB_Orchid
tounge.gif

I just needed something to talk about, and I was basically asking for something to do. That's basically just like having a topic about sugar gliders, stuff in Iraq, or asking what other people think about stuff ataining to other subjects besides CPs

Maybe if the Chat Room was easier to get into as in find, and it wasn't a pop up!

*cough cough*

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I just needed something to talk about, and I was basically asking for something to do. That's basically just like having a topic about sugar gliders, stuff in Iraq, or asking what other people think about stuff ataining to other subjects besides CPs

I repeat myself. There was no point to the thread. Give it some sort of DIRECTION and it should fly. If you make a topic which has something to which a member can make a reasonable response, then you should be fine. Give it some sort of nudge in to development. If a thread remains pointless for too long, you might get caught by a mod who disapproves of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ Dec. 17 2006,4:48)]If a thread remains pointless for too long, you might get caught by a mod who disapproves of it.
No no no

You will get caught.

I don't see why everyone is whining. It's not a big deal like everyone is making it out to be. Whoop di do, a locked threat. Wouldn't be the first.

LMAO! I think it's so funny when a good thread goes a little off topic and the same few members are ALWAYS like "LOCK THE THREAD!" LMAO!!!

Oh I choked... ack!

See I have made a pointless thread myself. This one! WOO HOO. Sorry guys I just don't see it that way. Sometimes you just want to talk about stuff that is pointless. Then one thing leads to another and you have talked about all kinds of pointless stuff.

Nep Gracilis. I said I cannot get into the chat room at work. I work in a hospital at night for 12 hours. Once I get my work done I have to remain there in case there is a role up emergency to do. I work in the operating room. We normally do not operate at night unless it is an emergency. Sooooooo instead of being bored out of my gourd I get on-line and browse my forums and play wwmad. Since most of the time there is nothing on TV because the cable stinks at work.

Thats what instant message is for. We dont need chat/ Im messages on a discussion forum. If you want to talk, set up a time in the chat thread ahead of time so we know when to be there so we can have enough people for a conversation. Or give IM names

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why should you be in a chat room at work?

Yes. Whaa? He has a point.

Plah, like that'll ever happen.

Can the mods mod in the chatroom?

"Rusty gears in head start turning..."

Yall just @#$#$ @#@#^%^%@^%@#%^%@#$%.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
If you had a job where you had down time and could get on the net you would too. There is no difference in me reading a book or talking on the phone. Face it you need me or people like me to be there all night. Because some emergencies do not have time to wait for someone to come in. Ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm comes to mind or Brain bleeding. You would want that if it was you in that situation. Soooo when I get my work done I do something. I cannot go so sleep and must be up all night. I choose to spend that time reading something and passing the time. Soooo
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
on you.

no haha stripped of their power in the chatroom they become mear mortals. I think Amature_Expert runs it, be he is no longer around, so it seems.

Behold... the might swirling yinyang...

Seriously if he has nothing to do you have to be a complete moron to expect him to sit there like a robot all night staring at the ceiling.

Sounds like someone needs a hug ^_^

JB_OrchidGuy: calm yourself. no, we dont know what its like there. In a average work setting that would be a bad thing. Therefore it caused some rised eyebrows- but as you stated your not in a average situation. For what we knew, it was a valid point. But thats not the case. you know that. so what, exactly, is the problem?

Look.. look at this topic evolution...

A pointless thread about pointlessness evolved into a thread about how hard it is to be a surgeon's assistant.

no one said that was a easy job. Nepenthes gracilis had a point, i agreed, and JB_OrchidGuy set us straight in a angry manner because he was offended by it. It was not meant to be a shot at his work ethics, but he oviously took it as one. I see no reason to continue on this train of thought, so lets get back on topic

Back