What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you get for Christmas?

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date
you guys are so spoiled!!

merry christmas everyone! glad everyone seems to be having a good holiday.

For Hannukah I got a green house and a skate shop gift card (One of my biggest passions, Been doing it for nine years, still suck at it, but I still love it.) Those are the best things I got. My birthday is coming up followed by High School Graduation in June. If I'm lucky I can get a new Acoustic guitar, An I-Pod (still don't have one) and the infamous nintendo Wii. I also got the Twilight Princess For Game Cube, That's an awesome game. probably the best in the zelda series.

-peace

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neon-eon @ Dec. 25 2006,10:21)]For Hannukah I got a green house...
A greenhouse? How big?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neon-eon @ Dec. 25 2006,10:21)]I also got the Twilight Princess For Game Cube, That's an awesome game. probably the best in the zelda series.
Also, have you played Twilight Princess on Wii? Would you be able to compare them? I saw some kids playing the Wii one but I didn't have time to wait in line. I might get the GC one later on when it's cheap or used.

xvart.

smile.gif

greeeeeeeeeeeeen house!
biggrin.gif

I started a stupid band! Free Hugs The Band

I stored POWER TOOLS!! Arg arg arg. I got a Router with bits, an air compresser with a brad nail gun. I also got some hand tools. Like another set of screw drivers, pliers rachets with new sockets, deep well sockets, and one of those razor knife that opens like a regular knife, but takes the sheetrock blades. I also got a new tool box CRAFTSMAN! woo hoo. Atleast I think it was. Had to leave it over at my in-laws house I didn't have my truck because it was suposed to rain. I recieved some other things like an LED wind up flashlight and tool bags and other things like that. I love woodworking and now I have just about everything I need to do some serious projects. I have one in mind now too. He he he. Oh My wife and I got a dart board and a new digital camera too. I recived some thermometers for my GH and some slat baskets for plants too. We made out like bandets this year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, have you played Twilight Princess on Wii? Would you be able to compare them? I saw some kids playing the Wii one but I didn't have time to wait in line. I might get the GC one later on when it's cheap or used.

While I cannot compare them, I can tell you that its pretty darn fun for the wii.
smile.gif

congrats arie!!

my mom is probably the world's worst gift-giver. over the years my gifts have included a dog toy, socks I already owned but she found cleaning out a closet, a box of 50 skeins of gold yarn circa 1972. she did pretty well this year though!

- all this year's dried flowers from her monstrous, older-than-me Hoya carnosa ([url]http://www.plantoftheweek.org/week164.shtml)[/url], so I can grow babies. I don't think they self-pollinate though..I couldn't find any seeds.
- cough drops
- dental floss
- emory boards (I won't use these, I keep my nails short...I think she gave them because "emory" sounds like "Emily")
- mascara (I NEVER wear makeup...I can offer no explanation.)
- a My Little Pony
- a neat little magnet art thing. it has a magnetic base and little steel moons and stars that can be stacked on it
- 6 potholders. I'm in the middle of moving into a new apartment, so they're for my kitchen. I don't know why I'd need more than...2. but I'm set for life now.
- halloween decorations. yes, I know..

she cracks me up.
biggrin.gif

LMAO He he he atleast she is trying. All be them strange gifts she is thinking about you. He he he

You do know that you can use a potholter to sit hot pots on as well as pick up hot pans. Didn't you know? You many not be set for life. LOL

My wife and Bother in law & sister in law must REAAAALLLLLY love me.

I got PS3!!!!

woot.gif
boogie.gif
:

I got a freakin' huge grow shelf!!!!!!!!1111111 (plus some other stuff like a signed copy of Growing Carnivorous Plants by Barry Rice)

*spazzes on the floor*

-Ben

omg me to I was drooling over the book, my mom said She would have to laminate the thing if I didn't stop drooling over it. Best thing is I wasn't even expecting it!

I got a plant satand that i can control the humidity in for my plants, so no-more aquarium growing!!! And barry's new book, a book on parrots, and lots of giftcards. Very happy with what i was given. This calls or a dance!
girdancing6xa.gif

It's like a mini green house. It's almost as tall as me, and it has about four shelves. It's probably like 5 feet seven inches tall or so. It came with a clear plastic covering. I keep an incondesent bulb at the bottom for heat, and above it I attatched twin florecent tubes to the ceiling. I mist it a couple times a day so it feels pretty humid in there. The green house itself was actually a pretty good price considering how much it can hold. Before my dad got it, I saw it at Fred Meyers. I think it was like 60 or 70 dollars. It's called an "Early start" 4-shelf green house, by DGI worldwide. I'll try to post a pic when I get the chance.

I haven't played Twilight Princess on the wii yet, but the GC graphics alone are incredible, The cinematics are amazing and the game graphics are real nice. The playing area is massive as well. If the GC version is that good, then I'm guessing the Wii is even better.

I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas

peace
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Dec. 26 2006,1:05)]I got a plant satand that i can control the humidity in for my plants, so no-more aquarium growing!!! And barry's new book, a book on parrots, and lots of giftcards. Very happy with what i was given. This calls or a dance!
girdancing6xa.gif
Haha! That guy dancing is great!
tounge.gif
I'm glad everyone is enjoying their holidays!
woot.gif

Ya i got some skateboard stuff too exept i been taking it easy after breaking my wrist although the cast is off i have to wait like 1 more week before my wrist is strong again especially considering i been skateboarding doing it for 6 years or so and its part of my everyday life.

didnt get much....my sister and her boyfriend gave me 2 one gallon ziplocks full of some of the best deer jerky ive ever had along with some other baked goods. my other sis gave me some more goodies. my parents just gave a card with some funds to do what i wish with(ordering seeds from Lowrie with it
tounge.gif
) about 4 weeks ago a newspaper 50 miles away burned down and since then we have been printing their newspaper, the owner gave me a bottle of Grey Goose vodka for helping him out .......................i think thats about it. i tend to be fairly hard to shop for cause if i need something i just buy it. my parents have long given up on buying me anything for my birthday and x-mas......generally my mom just gives me a couple loaves of home made banana bread, thats good enough for me
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Dec. 26 2006,10:41)]My wife and Bother in law & sister in law must REAAAALLLLLY love me.

I got PS3!!!!

woot.gif
boogie.gif
:
I'm sorry, I'm now morally obliged to kill you.

Nothing personal, but it must be done
tounge.gif

you have a battle bot?

pictures some place please!

I've been wanting this for a while now, and finally the time was right. It's a gas powered radio control monster truck. The Traxxas Revo. It's SOOOOO much fun
biggrin.gif

revo.jpg

Back