What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

update on dentist problem..........

had dentist appointment this moring at 8am in Billings, MT......normally a 4.25 hour drive without pushing the speed limit to far so we drove down last night........long story short, tooth not worth trying to save so they yanked it. actually got some questions answered(my increase of canker sores AFTER i start brushing could very well be caused by the tooth paste, dentist suggests switching to just plain baking soda).

im currently snowed in at a hotel in Forsyth, MT which is normally about 1 hour from Billings, took us 3 hours to get this far and required a change of underware due to loosng control on th icy interstate. trying it again in the daylight, hope to be home by noon.

on the bight side we loaded up with orchids and i got a couple more Mantellas(hopefully one is a female). the wife bought me a new tank cause she desided she wants a tank in the bedroom with dart frogs,orchids and a waterfall.........

The new plants and critters sounds great!  
smile.gif
 Congratulations.

Sorry to hear about the tooth.  That sucks.  I went for the second part of my root canal (I THOUGHT the filling part) and found out the root canal wasn't finished.  More needles of novacaine and a LOT of sawing little needle-like files down into the canals.  Then I was told I needed an additional appointment for "a special procedure" because my canals are too thin.  They have to widen the canals.  
sad.gif
  So the endless root canal continues...

I thought that was interesting about the canker sores and toothpaste.  I starting having problems with canker sores several years ago.  I seemed to get them all the time.  Almost as soon as one would heal, I'd get another one.  Then I had a horrible episode where I got a whole bunch of them all at one time...back gums, both sides of my tongue...the pain was excrutiating! I was at the doctors in less than 24 hours barely able to swallow or talk...couldn't eat.  [I won't go into the problems I had with the dr. but suffice it say I've never been back to him since.
mad.gif
]

Long story short...I finally discovered on my own what the cause was...I am allergic to wasabi.  There is a restaurant across from my office and they made these great salads with wasabi dressing which I loved and I was eating about one or two every week.  It was the wasabi dressing causing the canker sores.  Additionally I found out cinnamon does it as well and it was chewing cinnamon gum that caused the major episode that sent me to the doctor.  I think I'm allergic to artificial cinnamon but sometimes real cinnamon will cause a reaction as well.  I've eaten cinnamon all my life with no problem.  Then out of the blue...it starts tearing my mouth up.  I did read online where a person reported canker sores from cinnamon toothpaste...that's when I realized I was not alone with allergies that cause canker sores.

So although I love wasabi and like cinnamon...I avoid them.  I still think there is at least one other thing that causes the sores because I still get one on rare occasions but I haven't been able to track down the source yet.

Be VERRRY careful driving home. Its some bad weather out your way.

That's the most understated "I spun out and nearly killed everyone" I've ever seen.  And I've never, ever seen it followed by "Oh boy, we got some more frogs for the house."  I'm glad everything's working out so well, but politics is the least of our differences.

Back