What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forum Look

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date

Finch

Whats it to ya?
I just noticed (and how could i not?) That the forum has a new look. Im adjusting because its not what im used to.

I noticed there was no comment on it at the forum announcement board.

Notice the new setup doesn’t allow you to go back and edit your post
nononono.gif
sad.gif

Lack of the ability to edit will cause a rise in the dreaded double post to get in something you forgot to mention. Like this, for example

GRRRR

AND the second line of each paragraph is like twice as short! Ok im done now
slap.gif

Or not it seems dependant on Post length. *iwantmyeditabilityback*

The new color scheme doesn't work for me. It's impossible to read the topics titles:

1648850.jpg

I agree with Finch. I always need to correct my spelling or ad/delete something to my post.  Give us back editing capability.
clap9re.gif

I hate it!

Is there a way that we can choose which skin we want like at CPUK?

I do like the search for more posts by this member feature.

It kinda freaked me out when I signed on this morning....I seem to have the edit button available. I will check with this post.

Arrrggghhh!! You are right I am not allowed to edit? That stinkz cuz I neeed speeling help. I am tring to make this longer to check out the line alignment feature. Hmmm, maybe this will take some getting used to.....

In the Identify You Plant Forum, in one topic, Jim's and Not a Number's post have somehow disappeared, but their user name's are still next to a box, it's kinda weird. And then my signature is in Not a Number's box thingy. I don't like this new forum...

-Ben

Infact, it seems that even avatars have gotten switched, just go look for yourself in that topic!

-Ben

The forum was many many versions out of date. I attempted the update but it proved too difficult for me with how many versions it had to be upgraded through. So ikonboard was paid to do the upgrade for us. (so this is the new board version not a new skin) I didn't know when they were going to work on it.... Sorry I didn't put up a warning/notice. You WILL get editing abilities back. And I'll see about getting the other little things worked on. Don't be afraid of a little change.
smile.gif
The upgrade should open the board up to some good stuff. anyway- sorry for the troubles... We'll try to get it cleaned up as quickly as we can!!
Andrew

EVERYONE! Please log out of the forums. Clear your cookies. And log back in. That way all the correct colors and such can load in. I think you can also hold CTRL and press R a few times. That will force a reload. That has fixed the majority of the problems I see here... Please let me know if there are any other qweerks
smile.gif

Andrew

Some of the formatting problems have been fixed. It looks like the skin has been updated.

Do you still not see the edit your post option? Or was that related to the viewing problem? Admin panel shows you all still have those permissions....

I agree with Not A Number. I use FireFox as well, and it is unreadable.

<div>
(adnedarn @ Dec. 30 2006,11:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Do you still not see the edit your post option?  Or was that related to the viewing problem?  Admin panel shows you all still have those permissions....</div>
I do see the button, but when I press it I get a screen that says I am not allowed to edit. Like it is a security thing.

Crissytal- please do as I said for logging out, clearing cookies and logging back in. Or you can try holding CTRL and pressing R a few times while logged out then log back in.

CP30-oh okay, you see the button but can't do it. Lemme check into that.

down.gif

I'm depressed now.. oh well

just kidding, its a new look we will all adjust... we all will eventually like it.

Back