What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forum Look

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date
Geez...step away from the computer for a bit and look what happens! lol

OK...you guys...give Andrew a little time here! Input is good but this forum was waaaay outdated and so the new one looks really different. Its unfamiliar so of course its a little frustrating. Give it a week and you won't remember what the old one looked like.

Have some patience and Andrew will get all the bugs ironed out and make any changes that we need to get comfy again.

Personally, I miss the green...it was planty. Other than that, I have to do some exploring to see. The quotes are all screwed up for me that's par for the course these days.

I said i'm working on getting the colors back... calm the heck down PAK! hahahaha

I don't like it but i'm starting not to notice.

I do like the way things are all centered up. Were they always like that?

If you're using internet explorer things are centered... I use firefox but opened IE to see... I found it annoying. It's ANOTHER thing i'm working on. good luck to me!!
clap9re.gif
LOL
crazy.gif

<div>
(adnedarn @ Dec. 31 2006,7:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It's ANOTHER thing i'm working on. good luck to me!!
clap9re.gif
LOL
crazy.gif
</div>
Woah, Andrew. Slow down, breath, and enjoy the new year. We can all wait until next year for the forum to be green again! And if anyone doesn't like it, I pitty the foo!

xvart.

Thanks for assigning me the next 4 hours to myself
bigsmile.gif
LOL
boogie.gif
boogie.gif
boogie.gif

Well, I've noticed that with several PMs that I've received, the PM that the person wrote isn't there, just the quotes above it. This happened in a row, but deleting the quotes and sending it seemed to fix the problem.
rock.gif

-Ben

Could you make it so you don't have to click the back button twice to go back?(am I the only one with this problem?)

Good thing edits back.
wink.gif.gif

<div>
(JRFxtreme @ Dec. 31 2006,9:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Could you make it so you don't have to click the back button twice to go back?(am I the only one with this problem?)

Good thing edits back.
wink.gif.gif
</div>
Are you using Internet Explorer? This seems to be a problem with most people who use IE. When I only had IE at my office I had the same problem. Try using Firefox as an alternative browser. Many people agree that it is superior to IE in almost every way. There are only a few websites that firefox cannot load, and there are plugins that allow you to open webpages in IE through Firefox.

Hope that helps.

xvart.

<div>
(JRFxtreme @ Dec. 31 2006,8:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Could you make it so you don't have to click the back button twice to go back?(am I the only one with this problem?)

Good thing edits back.
wink.gif.gif
</div>
Is that really still a problem? I was hoping the new version would fix it... If it is still a problem, then it must be with the advertisements... And that's a different issue. I'll have to tackle that when I'm done doing this
tounge.gif
slap.gif

Geese I get tied up and do not sign on for a few days and Andrew tosses monkey wrench into the forum.

Yes double clicking the back button is still a problem. It seems to be only on some machines too. I noticed that at the new computer they have at work running windows XP pro I only had to click the back button once to go back, but at home running XP pro I have to double click again. So it is something with the stuff loaded our PC. I personally do not like firefox so I still deal with IE.

THE CENTERED TEXT SUCKS!!!! I despise it!!

I can deal with the new format of the board. I can get used to the blue, but the centered text has to go!

I come from the old school thinking of "If it ain't broke don't fix it" So I am still scratching my head as to why the changes were made to the board and not to a test board first to get the bugs worked out, then transfered things over to the new board once it was worked out and satisfactory. That is what all my non-plant boards do.

But what the heck do I know I am just here.
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

This is a perfect excuse to get my parents to buy Vista!

Dude you do not want vista unless you buy a new computer! It requires a ******* workhorse of a computer to run effectively from what I hear. If your computer is not one of these fast PCs then you might just hold off on getting it. It iw a hoss I am telling you! Alot of resources needed.

Well then I'll get it when I get a new laptop for college.

I want Lasic surgery, too! No more contacts for me in college!

Oh yeah, I use firefox and don't have to click twice. I think it only does that with IE. I like firefox a lot more than IE, but it freezes up for me more.

JB the board did have problems although you guys did not notice them. This version of the board is not new, and it is not a Beta version. It is a fully "stable" version. The problems we are experiencing (as I'm told) are from upgrading multi versions at a time. I'm confident that the ikonboard support crew will get this stuff taken care of sooner than later. Untill them, I'm sorry anything is difficult. That was not my intention.

Nah, everything works perfectly for me. It's just ugly lol. I'm not blaming you or anything. Totally nice of you for saving the forum from it's doom.

doooooooooooooooom.

Well Andrew if we didn't notice the problems then were they realy problems?? I don't keep up with the jones in real life so why should I care about it in a forum? Ok with that aside I do not care if you update the board. The fact that the platform is "stable" doesn't mean a thing. Since there is problems with the load it should have been tested with a backup copy of the forum on a test site first.

The fact that they upgraded multiple version should nto have made a difference. Just like you upgrading windows 95 to XP. It doesn't make you upgrade to 98 then 2000 then to XP for things to work properly. The board upgrade shouldn;t have caused all the errors and changes it did. Now I do not work with this stuff and I am on about beer number 5 or 6 here. ( I worked last night so I missed the new years parties) Yet it sounds fishy that upgrading 2 or 3 versions would cause all this turmoil. If it did then the coder for the platform needs to be shot.

I would personaly make the leap to the other type of board like endparenthases suggested and go with a platform that has more people using it.

Thats just me and I am a drunk tard right now. BTW I still do not like the centering of the text.

Well, I did notice that a new window would never open when I got a PM and clicked on open a new window, and now it opens it up in the main window instead of making a new one. Doesn't bother me, just a little thing that might need fixing or maybe not.

Why are we using the less popular board? Is it a budget issue? On Vbulletin they have TONS of awesome features like feedback, reputation, etc.

I also do not like the fact that it does not open a new window when you get a new PM like the old board did. That way I can go back to the post I was reading when I got done with the PM. Now I have to go find the post again and get back to my page. Arg Oh well

Drunk tard out!! I am off to bed now.

What is this centered text stuff? I have no idea what you are talking about and I would think that something this big even I would notice. Maybe it's because I didn't log in for four days while out of town, or maybe I'm just dense.

xvart.

Back