What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersy Pine Barrens?

I am planning to make a trip up to pine barrens and Was wondering when a Good time to go would be? I was thinking in june, I wanna go for the CP flora and Insect Fauna with a friend but I don't know where Any thing is or the land scape or how big this place is.

I was wondering if any one had some good information that has been their?

Thanks

I went there with a group of other people from here. I can't remember the name of the place, but I'm sure that some of the other people tha went with us will tell you faster than I can look up the info.

I can help you out.
Wharton State Forest is the place that Ozzy is reffering to. He was 1 of the people in the small group that went there in 2005.
I will be planning another trip in sometime 2007.

Here are some pics from the trips:
Sights
Animals
Plants

2006 Trip

Do you know about what time you will be going, I know that The time I'm heading up is the very end of may or late June, haven't figured it out yet.

I may go later then that.

2006 was the end of May when I went so I could see the sarrs flowering. Most plants were small and not in robust growth.

2005 I went around September. The plants were in good growth and much bigger then when I went in May.

In 2007 I think I will go toward the end of July when nost the sundews will be flowering.

Definitely worth the trip. Its beautiful there. Saw huge purps and lots of 'dews. I had a blast. Ozzy fell in the bog.
laugh.gif

Back