What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NEWS for the New Year!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hello Everybody!

As many of you know, and for those who don't know, Phil Crane started TerraForums (formerly Petflytrap Discussion Forums) early in 2001 in order to have a more open forum than what the GardenWeb offered. Petflytrap grew rapidly and became the largest CP discussion forums around. In later years, the forums were renamed TerraForums but remained the same great community of carnivorous plant hobbyists. Phil, with deep dedication to the CP community, put lots of time and money into making these forums a wonderful place to learn CPs and make friends. Over the past year, Phil has become involved in several new business ventures reducing the time he had to spend at TerraForums. So rather than see the forums weaken, it was put up for sale.

It is with great pleasure that I announce the new forum owner! It is our very own, highly esteemed Andrew Beauchamp (otherwise known as Adnedarn)! Andrew, a member of TF from its earliest days, has been at the helm of TerraForums for a while now, so he thought it would be fitting to make the formal announcement here on New Year's Eve to start 2007 out right! Andrew will also, in the near future, be selling carnivorous plants as well! This will include traditional plants like flytraps as well as other varieties. As his business grows, we can expect new and exciting things to come. The store name and opening date will be announced at a later day.

I hope you all will join me in congratulating Andrew and wishing him the best with TerraForums and the new business. I hope in the future we can all support Andrew as his business will support these forums.

We have such a close family here and hopefully 2007 will bring more new members, more community experiences and lots of new plants for us all to grow and enjoy. Thanks to everyone who has supported these forums, from the "old timers" to the newbies. TerraForums wouldn't be the great place it is without ALL of you!

HAPPY NEW YEAR and best wishes to Andrew and all the TF crew for a spectacular 2007!

Woot! Nice one big spender - can't wait to see what's in store! And thanks for the good years, Phil.
~Joe

Such a beautiful speech PAK...
cry.gif

New year, new business, new owner... congrats Andrew! May you lead us to victory!!!!
usa2.gif

clap9re.gif

usa2.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Such a beautiful speech PAK...</div>

I try.  Did I squeeze out a tear?  hehe

DEFINITELY a huge thank you to Phi for creating this wonderful environment for the CP nuts to hang out and learn from one another.  
hail.gif
Phil

And Andrew will carry the torch forward now.  So if you wanna b itch at somebody...b itch to Andrew.  
laugh.gif

All kidding aside, he's gonna be great!

[I'm gonna take all this back if he fires me for bypassing the filter...
oh.gif
]

I'm glad this forum won't die. Thank's for saving it.

So is this forum going to be sponsored by TF still or will it be supported independantly or will the members donate like at some other forums?

congrats Andrew!!!!!!!!!
boogie.gif
boogie.gif
boogie.gif
boogie.gif

Alex

congrats! i'm so happy for you!

cry.gif
cry.gif
boogie.gif
boogie.gif

Welcome to our new leader.

Wow, I thought it was jan. 1st, not April 1st.

I ain't buying it.

crazy.gif

<div>
(JustLikeAPill @ Jan. 01 2007,12:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">So is this forum going to be sponsored by TF still or will it be supported independantly or will the members donate like at some other forums?</div>
this IS terraforums. you might be thinking of exotic gardens, which is the name of the retail part of what phil created and once known simply as "pet fly trap". phil separated terraforums from exotic gardens a while ago.

congratulations Andrew! i'm glad i can be of some help to you, even if it's not much. be sure to keep us up to date with whats going on with the storefront part of the business and to any new plant offerings!

tech...

Congradulations andrew, but know that we must be supplied with updates on this matter, or else we will start buggin ya
tounge.gif

So is this place kind of a buisness investment of sorts, or do ya just like hanging out with us so much
wink.gif.gif
?

clap9re.gif
boogie.gif
woot.gif

Andrew, buddy, does this mean I have to suck up to you now?

Congrats!

<div>
(technoracer @ Jan. 01 2007,8:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(JustLikeAPill @ Jan. 01 2007,12:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">So is this forum going to be sponsored by TF still or will it be supported independantly or will the members donate like at some other forums?</div>
this IS terraforums. you might be thinking of exotic gardens, which is the name of the retail part of what phil created and once known simply as "pet fly trap". phil separated terraforums from exotic gardens a while ago.

congratulations Andrew! i'm glad i can be of some help to you, even if it's not much. be sure to keep us up to date with whats going on with the storefront part of the business and to any new plant offerings!

tech...</div>
Aaaah yes. Thank you, that's what I meant.

Pardon me for asking, Andrew, but

Are you going toe-to toe against the big guys? Or are you going to carve out a specialty nich for yourself? Offer to the mass marked, or hardcore hobbyist. Offer selections not found elsewhere commercially [Drosera 'Emerald's Envy']? Is there a big enough market for that? Goodluck with competitive pricing!

Susanne, thanks for the intro. You are so good at that stuff
wink.gif.gif

Phil definatly did a great job making a place we could all live at, and when the option came open to buy it, I couldn't not do that. The alternative was likely someone who didn't know anything about this play and who know what would have happened. For those of you that don't know, I've been a member here since this board was only a few months old. In fact, I am member #25! So I've seen this board change a few times, and I've watched it grow. It's not something I wanted to leave to chance. I wanted to ensure its survival. That is what phil wanted too, and I guess he felt I could do that, and that's why he contacted me when it went up for sale.

PAK- tsk tsk for bypassing the word filter. But on this great day of the new year.... I cannot say anything to you about last year.
woot.gif

Brian is correct, Terraforums is the name of these forums. Not the supporting party. For now, I am supporting these forums personally. But with the entry of my new buisness, it will hopefully become the supporter of them and bear the financial loads.

Finch, as you probably noticed, I spend A LOT of time here. And that was definatly my reason for buying. I have way too many friends here to not do what I could. But as an added bonus, I will also have this venue to let you all know about any sells I might throw etc from my buisness.

schloaty, havn't I ALWAYS been the one that you needed to suck up to?
tounge.gif
LOL

Finch, of course I am going to carry the more basic stuff... (I think it would be dumb to not!) but I also will carry some stuff not too common in the market. I think even the people here that have been growing for a while will find stuff they need. although, since that stuff is not on any large TC operation... Supply will be limited most of the time of that stuff. You'll see
wink.gif.gif
boogie.gif

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and such. I've actually owned the forums for a few months now. Although It doesn't seem like much has changed, we're still the same set of mods doing what we've always done! (but now I can provide you with better smilies and a newer board that should provide better options and choices!) Phil is still around so you might see him every now and again.
smile.gif

Andrew

Seeee...you don't need me to write stuff. You did good on your own.
tounge.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">PAK- tsk tsk for bypassing the word filter.  But on this great day of the new year.... I cannot say anything to you about last year.</div>

Whew!! I narrowly side-stepped that one.
biggrin.gif

<div>
(PlantAKiss @ Jan. 01 2007,1:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Seeee...you don't need me to write stuff. You did good on your own.
tounge.gif
</div>
Didn't you write that last post for me too? Someone did... It was in my email box addressed "post this"
rock.gif
hahaha

Wow, how exciting, congrats!
smile.gif

Congrats Andrew,
I like the New forum format.
Happy New Year to You and yours.
Lois

Back