Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You can't post

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is really just nothing we can do with it. I'd like to give some more flair to it.. give the users some more options... I know sometimes there are some "other" things I'd like to do around here... Plus.. i just really have a bad taste of ikonboard in my mouth after that last version upgrade. :-\
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Okay the conclusion came quick... phpbb was really no good. I'm looking at Vbulletin. BUT if I do that, that's where we stay. It's not a free software... Anyone have something to say about that? Good bad? I know the controls are awesome. Here is an example forum... http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/
    Andrew
    So, if we move to Vbulletin, how long will the tansition last? Also, you mentioned that it is not free... can you elaborate? Not free to us(members)? To the owner? Will paid membership be required?
    -Joel from Southern California

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBulletin is a commercial product so you need to buy (or lease) a licensed copy. Pricing information can be found on vBulletin's order page. So it requires an investment of not only time but money on Andrew's part.

As far as a transition period I'd be optimistic and say "perhaps overnight". With the experience Andrew has gained with 2 or 3 conversions hopefully it will go much smoother.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Vbulletin looks good. At this point I don't even really remember what the original outdated board looked like, except for that endearing hideous green color that I've grown to love. Anyways, from the little bit of cruising the example Vbulletin board I think it is quite similar in function and looks, and if it provides more so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Jan. 03 2007,10:37)]I know sometimes there are some "other" things I'd like to do around here...
    What other features are you looking for or wished you had? I think adding features is always a good thing, unless they are not worth the hassel or price. Maybe if we could know a little more about what the eventual final board is intended to be we can be a little more helpful or positive.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tell me when and where I can continue to talk with friends and get plant information. I am lost and tired so Andrew I hope your having fun!. Now I see why some of my admin friends on other sites have a time with their forums. LOL

I know this may sound a little senile, but forgive me I am tired. What about starting from scratch?? Not worrying about converting things over. The imoportant posts can be taken from the old board and started on the new one. With the ammount of loyal people we have I am sure it can meet or beat its former glory. The main things I think that need to come over are some of the stickies and growing related topics. It wil give folks something to do reposting things.

Just my input. It might make things a little easier. Just link the new from scratch board to the Terraforums.com link and then giving people directions from there so they can retreive old posts to repost on the new board.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind. It seems like we might have to do that.

Unless the mods would have to go and delete each thread seperately. That would take forever. But if you could just delete them all at once I wouldn't mind starting over.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I really live the vbulliten look. Probably my favorite of everything to far.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the lightgreen free skin looks even better!
    that makes no logic

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast