What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spending Spree - No CP's

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
2 of my new toys came today.
The first not so exciting update was a new printer to replace my old, working perfectly, 1999 printer.
rock.gif

The second , a bit more exciting, 19" flatscreen monitor, to replace the huge monsterous 17" CRT monitor. Got to hook up the DVI-D connection. Sweet.
banana2.gif

But what I'm really hoping to get by the end of this week yet is I decided to update my camera. I finally made the leap to a digital SLR. I got the Sony Alpha with 2 lenses.
boogie.gif
banana2.gif

Here's the review:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/alpha100.html

When I used to shoot 35mm SLR's I always wanted a ring light for macro work, but was always cheap and never bought one. That might be my last splurge yet as now I'm very poor.

Anyone else spurge for your own Christmas presents after Christmas?

This may not sound half as exciting as your post-Xmas purchases, but I managed to pool all my gift cards (that I got for Christmas), and I bought Zelda:Twilight Princess for the GameCube and I got "The Descent" special uncut DVD. I left the rest of the money for CP purchases in the spring
oh.gif

Well, I bought 3 more Wooly Drosera to add to my collection.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I left the rest of the money for CP purchases in the spring
oh.gif

Good idea, but I couldn't wait until Spring, I needed the plants now.

-Homer

Nice camera Steve! I had to go with the cheaper DSC-H2,Sandisk 2G memory card and a wide angle lens with macro and filters I got off ebay.

Jerry

Back