What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show us what your plants do best!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I hope he's still alive. I bet he is.

Yeah, he's probably still alive. He's probably still suffering too.
angry.gif

My new sundews got most of their dew back on them so when I saw a little gnat of some kind flying around I couldnt help but chase him around the house....I finally caught him and this was the end result....who would have thought catching a bug was so exciting!

DSCN1676.jpg

Victoria

If thats a "flying ant" What area do you live in, if its the USA its highly unlikely that its an ant reproductive alate or "flying ant" as you put it, its just a gnat.

Anything is possible. The temps have been in the high 80's the last week when they were in the low 60's the previous week in Los Angeles. I've even seen termite alates this week, which usually swarm in November.

Most likely it was a gnat but to the eye it had the head and thorax typical of an ant.

huh well yea i guess youre right weather has been CRAZY.

im gonna be looking for termite alates maybe get a little feeder colony going?

PICT0070.jpg

N. x 'judith finn' its so small cause i couldn't get a good picture.

Some more pics.

D. admirabilis and a house fly:

dscn2560.jpg

-Ben

Jeremiah Harris- that last sundew is interesting. I was under the understanding that those with long, narrow leaves rarely had the power of movement.

Is it D. graminifolia?

Looks like D. regia to me.

Nice pictures Jeremiah Harris.

...that dragonfly got told!

Bravo! Bravo! I love the sight of a nice Drosera wrapped around an insect!

Reminds me of a louse :0o:

Another pic with D. admirabilis, this time with a pesky cabinet moth thing.

DSCN2707.jpg

-Ben

Oh, lol ok. Wood louse I guess?

Thanks.

-Ben

Back