What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Ramsey

• Thread starter Travis
  • Start date
I have been on his plan for about 8 months. I think he is great. He talks about money (getting out of debt, life insurance, retirement, donatating, paying for a house) and life. Although I never had debt (except 2 car loans) I felt like I needed a plan. Any who, just wondering if any one knows him or doing "the total money make over"?

Is it really worth the money?What I mean is,does it work?

Jerry

Yes, I read his total money makeover. I don't follow his plan or anything, but I do use a lot of his advice, especially about living debt free. When I got married one of the first things my wife and I did was get completely out of debt besides her student loans.

I totally recommend this book for anyone that has any amount of debt. It really has some sound financial advice that can help anyone in any state of financial status.

There are some excellent stories and testomonials in "The Total Money Makeover." I love the story about the couple that had a combined take home pay of $80,000 a year and they lived above an elderly ladies garage for 300 bucks a month. They saved $50,000 a year for three years, and then they bought a $150,000 house in cash! I love it.

"If you live like no one else, then you can live like no one else!"

xvart.

Yeah but... I dunno. Making payments on a house versus living in a garage..

Making payments on a house versus living in a garage...

lets see... hmm.. lol. Not my cup of tea. Must have been a pretty nice garage for $300 a month is all I can say
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Jan. 10 2007,10:56)]Yeah but... I dunno. Making payments on a house versus living in a garage..

Making payments on a house versus living in a garage...

lets see... hmm.. lol. Not my cup of tea. Must have been a pretty nice garage for $300 a month is all I can say
smile.gif
They weren't living in a garage. They were living in a small apartment above her garage. They weren't sleeping in the bed of a pickup or anything like that. The point is, they sacrificed for three years and now they don't have to worry about making house payments. Ramsey's whole motto follows that example: "if you make some sacrifices (if you live like no one else) then you will be greatly rewarded (you can live like no one else)."

xvart.

OOOOH Ok lol

Back