What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forum.. troubles? Questions? Sugestions? do it here!

Looks like the naughty word filter has been turned on, with some unexpected results:

An example is in this post of mine:

I would have passed on most of Gubler's VFTs, and would only have bought one of the NMEs if they were in the half price or less pile.

I typed in p-a-s-s-e-d. The :censor: version gives a wholely different interpretation of what I wrote :-))

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah, sorry. I saw in a topic I had missed that word and tossed it in quickly yesterday... Should be more specific now. Passed. ***.
Andrew

keep the text size. It looks great now. :)

I agree. I like the text size.

And I love being able to edit the title.

It all looks great and seems functional to me, except, (and this might be my settings) I can't get the sign in box to remember me anymore. Would this be a cookie thing?

It all looks great and seems functional to me, except, (and this might be my settings) I can't get the sign in box to remember me anymore. Would this be a cookie thing?

Try clearing the saved passwords for this site in your browser, then make sure the "remember me" box is checked when you next sign in.

The font size is 2 points smaller all around. Glad you guys like it too. :)

I think you have 2 mins to edit the topic title. After that, you'll still need a mod to do it for you. :)

throckmoron, yes- if you cannot get yourself to stay logged in, even after making sure to click the "remember me" box. It is most likely a cookie problem. You should be able to allow cookies from us if you're using a blocker. add www.terraforums.com and www.terraforums.com/forums If you can browse to a specific cookie. I think they are called bbtf something (bbtf is at least what I entered as the prefix, I don't know what the forums add after that though.)

Andrew

Image in your signature no longer showing up? I've removed the ability to use
tags in your signature. This is so I don't have to chase you down for having a picture too big. If you want a image there.. Go to your User control panel, and upload it in. Remember it needs to be equal to or smaller than 55*270 @16000bytes
Andrew

I remember when i used to profile endangerd plants with a big'ol image in my siggy. Good times, good tiles.

OH I REMEMBER THAT! That was cool!

God it takes me back to da good ole days.

Ok, looks like the collum width thing has been fixed on the green skin. Does it look alright to everyone else?
Andrew

Looks great in Firefox and Opera :bigthumpup:

Well i just happened to notice that the date says that it's March the 14th on the Superthrive thread

yah, that was a ollllllld topic

Hey, so is there any way that you could tweak the new posts feature? If you touch each thread in the new posts list, then the next time you search nothing at all comes up. I think it was better when there was some minimum timeout period on the new posts, so you could at least see recent topics in the list, even if they weren't exactly new.
~Joe

Isn't the idea of "new posts" to show ones you have not looked at? Why do you want them to come up as new if you've viewed them already?

Last edited:
I suppose... but it seems ib had something so the last three hours of posts or so showed regardless of whether or not they'd been read... Sometimes it was handy when popular topics got lengthy and required time to keep up with. This is all contingent on you or someone else being able to make the relevent changes in the board scripts, and I understand that that's more of an undertaking for some people than others, so don't stress about it, just my 2¢.
~Joe

Joe, have you checked out the subscribe to topic feature? At the top of a page, thread tools drop down, subscribe to thread. Check out your user control panel for specific settings.. But perhaps that would help you keep track of specific topics. I'll have to look and see if there is a option for keeping the last so many topics available, but I have not seen that feature so far. If you looked at it, it's read. Unless a new post is made.

Polls - regular forum members like myself are unable to create polls. Has this been abused in the past?

Yes sir it has. For quite a few years now it has been to PM a mod with the poll you want to run, and it will be created for you.
Andrew

Back