What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forum.. troubles? Questions? Sugestions? do it here!

I dont mind, just thought you might want to know

Well, perhaps, but I did all that over an hour ago and I'm just now seeing the lightbulbs. I had to log back in this morning before I made my first post, but not after clearing my cache.
~Joe

It seems adding a new skin, creates all new templates. Which means all the changes that I've been doing to the templates... Will not be on the new one. So.... I'm not going to add one and go back and try to match all the changes I've made. I'll keep looking to see if there is a way to have the changes to one template.. change the other as well... Otherwise everything I have changed, and will change.. will have to be done in both. :thumbdown: :crap: :lac: lol
The link you gave, links to the forum of which I've been getting my mods by the way.
Andrew

Thats fine, i wouldnt want to undo all the hard work you have already done. Its not fair to you. All this time you are spending is appreciated by all. Don't undo that just for a color change. I didn't know you would have to undo it all.
action-smiley-077.gif

me either LOL I'll keep looking to see if there are anyways around that though. I'd like to have a theme or 2 for you all to chose from.

I did re-link my link in the signature, but it still doesn't work. Maybe i'm doing something wrong?
Can anyone open the link below in my signature?

Thanks,
Peter.

Peter, it seems you didn't link correctly if you did redo it. I don't know why.. But in your profile you had:
http: //%5C%22 at the front and %5C%22 at the back is what was causing your problem. So, people, make sure if you have a URL in your signature.. it doesn't have those problems with it. Peter's should be working now.
Andrew

Last edited:
Yea Andrew! My link does work now. Strange that there were those numbers before and after?!

By the way, other people's links seem to be not working as well. I tried a couple of "growlist" links to this forum that gave me the same error.

Perhaps people haven't noticed yet? ???

Peter.

Correct. If you hover their link you'll see it has a "\" at the start and the front of the url. Apparently that is translated by our browsers to be that set of numbers (and those numbers back to a \) so either the \ or that set of numbers needs to be removed from the front and back of the URL and that should fix it. :)

Yes, i see the \.
At least it is a quick fix when people discover the problem!
Thanks
Peter.

Andrew how long do you have the board set to keep people loged in? For the 3rd time today I was reading a long thread and getting interrupted by my nephews and I go to post and I am logged out. Could you up the time logged in just a bit please??

Andrew how long do you have the board set to keep people loged in? For the 3rd time today I was reading a long thread and getting interrupted by my nephews and I go to post and I am logged out. Could you up the time logged in just a bit please??

Strange. I am always logged in and never get auto-logged out. I just woke up and clicked refresh to update the main page and I was still logged in. Do you have the little box checked by the log-in space?

xvart.

Not sure, but I have been loged out 3 times. I go to quick reply and try to post and I get a message saying not authorized yada yada yada. I look and I am not loged in anymore. I log in and can reply fine. It is only happeneing when I haven't done anything for a while.

It's a cookie thing. Log out and log back in, check the "remember me" box next to the username entry box and you shouldn't have problems.

I too am having no problem with staying logged in. Please make sure you have in fact clicked the "remember me" button as recomended above. Let me know if you're still having problems and i'll look into it. But give more details, like what OS you're using, and what browser.
Andrew

Edit: Make sure you are allowing cookies from this domain. If you had the old forum allowed by the whole domain, and not just www.terraforums.com that too could be the problem.

Last edited:
Nah I am not blocking anything. I use ad-watch for that. I am running XP and IE 6. I don't like 7. I clear my cookies and temp files on a regular basis. I haven;t had a problem here in the past 20 min, but I haven't been interrupted 50 times by my nephews since I sent the hoolagins back to my sisters house. I told her her vacation was over. LOL

It seemed to me like it times out like there was a time limit for inactivity since I was not surfing through pages and such, I have had it happen on numorous other pages before. I have to setup roboform to lick the check box since It was never added to be checked. Can you tell I don't like to leave cookies on my PC?

I've found a problem, just a small one having to do with growlists, you'll need to update the links to your growlists in your signature. I clicked 3 different ones and was taken to this site http://www.w3.org/Protocols/ .

Just thought I'd point that out.

Yep, the move for some reason added \ to the front and back of URLS in signatures. they just need to be edited out.
Andrew

Just a couple observations: I clicked on my forum name and one of the options was my public profile. Obviously, things have been carried over and rearranged. The picture of the "infamous stream", which used to be in the old profile. is gone. Any way to bring it back? Also, the Interests category cut off what I used to have in there, meaning that the field is more limited to fewer characters. Can it be increased.

Dumb question: How do I get my yawning cat avatar back?

Last edited:
I have just added the ability to add a picture to your profile. It is a upload option only ... So I'm giving 8396800 bytes which should be just under 1mb which should be 72DPI for a 640*480 Jpg image.

Back