What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anarchists Cook Book

While their are some illegal things, I was wondering what you guys thought about the Anarchists cook book?

Helping people who generally wouldn't give a crap learn something , well semi useful or just a waste of ink and paper. Their are Now E-books.

If this gets locked I completely Understand! I just want to start some in depth debate, or discussion.

Many of the formulas in there are wrong and WILL blow up in one's face. I have it on extremely good authority. Beware.

Im completely aware that they are amature doing dangerous reactions, i dont ever plan to do what they say works. I just want peoples opinions on the books but i guess that is one though huh? lol

Dunno about bombs and stuff, but I did read the chapters about drugs and a lot of is it total BS. Seriously It's like the guy made up stuff as we went along lol.

One thing I'm happy for, now that I've left public school, is that I don't have to listen to those little self-proclaimed "anarchists" who get all their clothes from HotTopic and listen to Marilyn Manson but don't know what he's really saying hehe. They don't understand one key point, Anarachy is stupid. Lol. It would only work if everyone cooperated by choice and genuinally didn't want to kill each other.

The Anarchist Cookbook is not really the work of one person but the compilation of many many people submitting whatever they think/feel/know. And since it has been around forever and a day it is very likely that parts of it are "out of date" with respect to advancing technology and advancing awareness of what is being said in the book itself. i.e. a manufacturer learns via the book that its product can be combined with "this", "that" and "the other" to make an explosive so they put in an additive that screws the reaction up as do the makers of "this", "that" and "the other". So now the reaction does not work but the book does not update that.

Personally I think it makes for interesting reading and it might come in handy if a major situation developed but you would probably do better with a semi-firm grip of chemistry and a copy of 'The Way Things Work'. All in all it is just adults acting like kids at play.

Sounds like a good idea for a Mythbusters episode!

At any rate, it's always a stupid idea to do chemical reactions if you don't know what you're doing.

And then in some cases even if you do know what you'redoing, it's still stupid lol

if your interested in this kinda stuff the Army's improvised munitions training book is much handier. my brothers got that one, allowed him to lift an old washing machine a few feet off the ground.............im hedging my bets and have already statrted calling him "Stumpy"

Hehe, my uncles old roommate was into that kind of stuff, too. On one hand he only had a thumb :)

First year college roommate was making "impact grenades" by cramming a tennis ball full of strike anywhere match heads. While cutting the heads off one of them sparked and landed in the pile of other cut heads catching them all. Big flare up, lots of smoke and the fire alarm starts. In what was basically one fluid motion he stomped out the fire, grabbed the chair from his desk and swung it up to the celing smashing the alarm then sat right back down and started cutting heads again like nothing had happened.

HA, pyro you're story made me laugh. Thats a game of wall ball you wouldn't want to play!

Rattler I will check out that book see what its worth.

as i have told my brother, in this post 9/11 US its not a real bright thing to be playing with explosives even if it is just out of curiosity. the wrong person finds out your doing it, you could very well wind up in jail.

pre or post 9/11 it isn't a real bright idea to play with explosives. Period.

I don't want to play with them, i just want to learn about them. I guess you're guys concern is once i learn how to curiosity just kills the cat?

pre or post 9/11 it isn't a real bright idea to play with explosives. Period.

true, but thought that was pretty self evident. jail time for making bombs is a very definite possibility as well but that may or may not be well known, especially if your just interested in them and have no malicious intent

mixed-smiley-015.gif
Perhaps because explosives are fun? They are right, regardless

Back