What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i think im in the wrong buisness..............

(can you tell im avoiding work yet?)

anyways just getting a printing job ready to go and happened to look it over. its a form for the local funeral home...............these SOB's know how to get money from you...........notice to the newspaper and radio station $98, now i know whats all involved in this as my grandfather pased away this past summer. the family does 90% of the work and all the funeral home just shoots an email to us........98 freaking dollars for an email............then there is the tribute DVD with 50 photo's for $135...........i could do the same thing for $50 and still be making a killing...............miliage $2.25 per mile.............dang, just dang, even with gas at $2.15 a gallon thats just rape..........

told the wife if i keel over to borrow my cousin's back hoe and throw me out in one of my uncles pastures, even with cost of gas i think it could be done for less than the cost of them shooting an email............

But that one email was lovingly handcrafted in only the purest of data, mined from the great fields of silicone valley’ s personal information files. It had to be smuggled across guarded firewalls to be brought into your computer by datamules. I think $98 is… :crazy:

Yea seriously don't even bother burying me just burn me when I die...

Tell me about it. RIP OFF!! Send the Email yourself and safe the 98 bucks.

I agree with you AK. Just take what you can use and burn me! I don;t want to be dug up in 80 years after my death just to have a freeway or houses put in that spot. It has happened. I 75 in Macon GA cuts right through a cemitary.

I want to be cremated, too. I want to be one with the Earth again. Then, the Earth too will die and become one with the rest of the galaxy and all the matter that makes us up will go on to create new things.

It's all very Zen. We came from the stars and we will go to the stars. The thought of sitting in a casket untill something happens to change it repulses me. When we are cremated our carbon can go on to become plant tissue, which can be animal tissue and maybe even human tissue once again.

Or being turned into a diamond would be cool, too :p

Jesus christ.. after reading that either i'm more spiritual and existential than I thought.. Or i'm finally nutting up guys.

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Considering what people spend for weddings, funerals seem like a bargain. Considering it some more, some of those wedded people soon find themselves wishing for that funeral.

This reminds me of two great anti-funeral sequences. Anybody ever see the ca. 1980 movie SOB or the dead guy episode of the late 80s dramedy Frank's Place? I hope my friends/family can treat me so well.

Back