What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cocaine, Meth and Chronic, oh my!

Finch Hemp and pot are the same animal.

I wouldn't call it a conspiracy, but definitely a controversy now.

Really, hemp is unsmokable MJ. Pot is just the buds of the female, and hemp is the plant fiber itsself.

I mean... hemp is legal. You can buy hemp fabric and stuff... no one uses it is all. It should be used to make paper but then that would put all the poor little tree farmers out of business. Boohoohoo.

They make hempseed tanning oil, too.

Sorry about the sarcasm, i was annoyed at something else and took it out on ya.

I thought hemp's chief difference lied in the amount of THC secreted- the strains used for industrial hemp production contain almost none of this resin while other varieties secrete significant amounts?

I thought hemp's chief difference lied in the amount of THC secreted- the strains used for industrial hemp production contain almost none of this resin while other varieties secrete significant amounts?

correct

yes, certain strains are used for "medicinal" uses while other strains are for hemp. Theirs actually like 2 species of MJ I think.

You'r right finch. I totally forgot to add that.

Sativa and Indica and Ruderalis (Auctually it's like Sativa ssp. blah blah blah. Kind of like the S. rosea where some people think it's a ssp, some consider it it's own ssp.) Then there are hybrids and countless cultivars.

I just looked it up and I'm happy to report that it's been decriminalized (NOT legalized) in 12 states. I can't confirm it with cites because i'm too lazy to do more research :) Got it from a color map on wiki.

Everytime a vote for legalization of MJ comes up, the no votes get fewer and the yes votes get greater. It's just a matter of time guys. We just gotta wait it out.

The War on Drugs has been a windfall for the US' law enforcement/industrial complex and, with all that money to be made, we won't see real legalization any time soon. Plus people who did drugs, got drunk and slept around and enjoyed every minute of it get paranoid about all those things when it's their children's turn.

That said, I'm sort of opposed to legalization because I've seen some people messed up. They were probably on the emotional edge anyway, but marijuana seemed to be the catalyst that tipped them over.

If it is what tipped them over, then they shouldn't have been smoking in the first place. Anything can tip you over if you're emotionally unstable in the first place. Alcohol, gambling, relationships, etc.

Did they only use MJ and nothing else? I'm assuming so since you didn't say otherwise. No offense but just because your friends couldn't control themselves (I mean really... when it's time to stop it's time to stop, and one joint or occasional use will not mess you up) doesn't mean it should ruin it for the rest of us. Don't smoke it everyday multiple times for weeks in a row and you wont get lazy or depressed or grow boobs. Restraint. If you feel you need it to be happy or get through the day, it's time to stop altogether.

My opinion is legalize everything in small amounts like Mexico did. People need to learn some restraint. Take meth for example. Is using it everynow and then bad? say once or twice a year? Not in my opinion. If you do it once and then want more of it the next day, don't do it again. That's when it's easy to nip addiction in the bud is the first time you crave more. Look at me. I'm fine. Don't do it anymore, though. Sometimes I want it but i've already made a decision not to do it again. The cravings only last like 10 minutes for me. Lots of other things to do that aren't addictive. And don't use for the wrong reasons. Perfect example is my friend said she wanted to go on an Ice diet to lose weight fast. Now she's addicted because she wasn't responsible. I have no sympathy for her and her stupidity. I don't talk no her anymore. My other friend is an addict because he used to numb the pain of being molested by his ice-head dad when he was little. Both of his parents use. I do have sympathy for him because he was born into it and started using at a young age before he knew better. Now he's a huge addict that looks like a skeleton who lives in a trailer with his uncle and cousin. His uncle is a cook. I auctually hope his uncle gets arrested for feeding Josh poison. I do feel bad for him. Then again, Josh used to be my dealer so I suppose i'm partly to blame for enabling him by giving him money. I always had a love/hate feeling towards josh. He's so stupid and his brain is so fried you can't stay mad at him. He's like a child. Like anna nicole.

Another one of my fried ex-friends put hydrocodone in the teachers coffee and was arrested and expelled. I have no sympathy for her stupidity. She got what she deserved. The teacher was allergic (or said she was) and apparently almost died from what i've heard. Lol, funny thing is her son was one of my ice-head friends. He's now recovered (as much as you can be I suppose). We both quit going to NA at about the same time, it was just stupid and we didn't buy into the BS. We're both fine without the 12 steps, but according to them without it we are on a downward slope lol. I feel that the 12 steps just replaces one addiction with another. Dope is replaced by a lifetime of dependance on an imaginary (in my opinion) higherpower and meetings where they chain smoke and drink coffee and tell you what an addict you are. Then when their probation is over they relapse.

One person I knew, the girlfriend of a guy I hate, took too many skittles at school and thought her legs were floating away. She got in LOTS of trouble. She was stupid for taking too much AND taking the wrong drug, a dissasociative to boot, at school.

Look at E. Will it kill some brain cells the first time? yeah. Killing a few is no problem. Even alcohol kills brain cells. Just don't do E all the time. Maybe a few times a year. Don't do too much either and watch your water intake you'll be fine.

To me, this is the difference between use and abuse.

Reading your post just reminds me why I'm wary of legalization. I don't buy into all the Reefer Madness/gateway drug crap and I think alcohol causes more damage to society than any other drug, but drugs cause significant problems for a significant number of people and I don't think it's a good idea to make access to them even easier than it already is.

In my opinion chemical drugs should not be legalized. Especially meth and crack. Theres is a problem with using it once or twice a year, and the problem is you won't end up using it once or twice.

However plants in their natural form should be legal, they rarely pose a threat.

Its like the coca plant isn't much of a threat but once you extract it and turn it into cocaine it becomes a serious drug.

Just say NO to drugs, kids!

its impossible to legislate against stupidity.......the current war on drugs should prove that.........not to mention the allowing of law suits such as the McDucks hot coffee incident

i am more than capible of handling myself without hurting anybody else so what i do in my home should be of no concern to anyone but me and my family. just cause the world is full of idiots doesnt mean you need to make laws to protect me from myself.

Hmm... You're right JRF. Some wont. Once or twice was a made up number lol. It could be 6 or 8. Depends on the individual. For me it would be once or twice. You can't read minds so you can't say everyone will go above their personal limit, but I will say that a lot of people will overindulge.

The "problem" with legalizing coca plants is that people will use them to make cocaine and we both know it.

You said chemical drugs shouldn't be legalized. Well really all drugs are chemicals. What about non-addictive drugs like LSD and mescaline and psilocybin and MDMA etc?

Look at poppers. Nitrates from the Akyl family. Perfectly legal. Perfect example of a legal drug working out perfectly fine.

I think he means Synthetic man made drugs.

I have an idea. Chemist/labs/factories can make symthetic drugs in bulk and they have to have a liscense. The gov. can charge say 10% tax. Then they can only sell to businesses/stores who must have a liscense and pay say a 25% tax. A customer can buy it and pay a 50% tax, but ONLY with a liscense to use it.

The lab, store, and customer must have a difference liscense for each drug and the taxes can be changed for each one. The customer would have to pass a hard test to get a liscense and be evaluated every X amount of time (the amount of time between evaluations would depend on which drug, but your evaluation would apply to all of your liscenses).

I think it could work. The gov. would keep a tight record of everything and have a database or something. I wouldn't mind paying a 50, 75 or hey, even a 200% tax if I got to do what I wanted legally. And if you fail the evaluation, you're cut off and your liscense it revoked for X amount of months or years (depends on the drug) (Or depending on how bad you fail, forever).

I seriously think it could work and I think the government would make a lot of money from it. Anyone found without a liscense and possessing dope gets a free ride to jail.

As far as man-made, where do you draw the line? Coke is natural. Lsd is. Mescaline is. Psilocybin is, heroin is.

that has got to be one of the most idiotic things ive heard of...........since i dont think its within the governments right to tell me weither or no i can do these in the first place why in the heck should i have to pass a test in order to use them or pay taxes on a plant i can grow as easily as my CP's? should i also pay a tax on my CP's? they bring me enjoyment which must lead to a chemical release in my brain to cause this feeling........must be a drug that needs to be taxed as well

Lol, I agree that it's our right to use what we want, and the government has no right, but atleast it's an idea to do what we want since the government isn't going to budge on anything , it appears, other than perhaps MJ.

I mean.. we can possess LSA (LSD's litte sister) and DMT and mescaline as long as it's still in the plant, but if we try to eat it or extract it we go to jail. It's BS I tell you! BS no sense laws! Hey, you can even buy "kits" to make your own ayahuasca, but if you drink it it's illegal. STUPID LAWS THAT MAKE NO SENSE!

Lots of drugs are deeply religious to some people, but the government turned them into "bad things". It's sad.

Disclaimer, don't use drugs illegally and don't break the law no matter how stupid it may be sometimes.

dont forget you can grow psycodelic shrooms but you cant dry them for consumption..............

I think that's just in a few states right?

Lol, I wonder if that means you can eat them fresh? LMAO! Probably not :(

Lol, what's funny is that if you live near Mexico you can go there daily and do what you want! You can litterally go up to a cop, invite him to go to mexico with you do shoot up some heroin, smoke some meth and drop some acid, and he can't do anything! hahaha!

And then you can do the same thing the next day! ahahahaha!

Disclaimer: I don't advise drug use. it can lead to trouble.

just knew there was no Federl law against growing shroom's be quite difficult as there are psycodelic species in most states naturally

Back