What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest Installment of "Will I make it to 35?"

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Most of you remember all the times I have been in the middle of nowhere and have been either warned or chased by different animals. This time they not only showed themselves but they invited all their friends.

Ok yesterday I was in the swamp and I got stuck, again. I can tell you the whole story, but I'll save that until another time.
To make a long story short, I got stuck miles away from any paved road. I had to walk over 5 miles. It was almost dark. 40 minutes into the walk it was completely dark. You don't know dark until you are in the middle of nowhere. No street lights, nothing. It was so dark I wouldn't have seen a person 20 ft from me.

Well, I was walking along and I hear a sound to my right. At first I thought it was a growl, but I realised it was more of a rumble then a growl. I froze and looked over in that direction. I see nothing but blackness. I can hear animals moving closer too me. They are getting closer and louder. Then they stop. About 30ft from me I start to see black outlines of some very large animals. I have no idea what they are, but at least they aren't getting any closer. I'm standing there looking at them and I can just feel them looking at me. The only sounds I hear are of them moving around. They make no growls, barks, snorts, or anything. There are no sounds to try and identify them at all. So I did the only thing I could think of to try and see what they are. I take out my camera and take a pic. I just got a new camera and you have to hit the button for the flash to pop up and I'm not used to that yet. So the first pic was just black.
I hit the flash button and point the camera in their direction and take the pic.

My camera has a red light that comes on when you hit the button before the flash goes off. It's for when you take pics in low light situations that you can see a little better to take the pic.
When this red light flashed all I saw was hundreds of red glowing eyes looking at me. That is a site I'll never forget. Then after that the flash went off and instead of red eyes I saw hundreds of yellowish eyes staring at me.

Here is the pic that I took.

l_8483333b7759bca282c294ca47a86683.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be you just about had a cow when you saw that! :-D

Capslock

Cool how the cattle's eyes glow in that picture

OMG! And then what?!

xvart.

I had a cheeseburger.

Well... it looks to me like you had a run-in with a nest of baby thunder-birds... :p ;)

Those were really strange thunderbirds, no wings and four legs. Maybe it's a new species.

lol What a great pic! Did you step in anything warm and soft? :laugh:

No I was never inside the fence. :crazy:

when i first looked at it i thought....wolves.
Alex

When I first saw it I thought "OH SH........"

haha! yea id be freaked out too. i hate things that you cant see but you can hear....excluding phones.
Alex

When your lying face down in a pasture and your legs are across the barbed wire electric fence zapping you ever so rythmically, then we can talk ! You'll make it to 35 + but your sounding more Hunter Thompsonish every day..:crazy:

hahahaha, that is soo funny! Glider I like how you tried to protect you're self from ozzy or some one else's crazy antics.

Back