What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awkward.....

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Lol, The doorbell rang and I was expecting the mailman.. nope. Instead I got a couple of Jehova's witnesses. Awkward.. lol. They asked me if I was married and they wanted to read the bible to me... and after some hesitation I didn't want to be rude so I said yeah sure. Then they read something from Genesis talking about how you shouldn't be divorced and I asked them if they were trying to tell everyone that divorce is bad and gay marriage is bad and then they talked about how god forbids it and then I had a 5 minute debate on how this is a secular society and they said the bible says to obey god before man and all that and .. let's just say awkward lol. I said I supported their right to believe whatever they want and then they assumed that I was a christian, too. I said "no..... but anyway it's nice of you to stop by!"

I wanted to tell them I was a gay satanist heroin addict (i'm not btw) but I decided that would be too rude lmao. I sent them to the methodist preacher who lives next door LMAO! I LOVE IT! Hope he doesn't get mad at me lol. He's a cool dude.

Lol, what do I do if they come back later? I don't want to be rude.

if you have a peep hole in your door. then check! haha
Alex

Lol, we have a big window door. I could only see just the old woman and I figured "well ok, she might need help" Then one stepped out and ambushed me!

I wanted to say that my mother had been divorced, and if she hadn't we wouldn't be having this conversation lol.

Well if they do come back just give them a fake phone # and tell them to call you later because you have to be somewhere soon.

The mailman comes on Sunday?

Answer the door naked. They usually don't come back after that. :jester:

Lol, I didn't even think of the mail not running on sunday!

Part of me wanted to play and say "You're from my dream! Jehova has sent you! Praise His name!"

Ted said if they came back to slam the door on them. lol!

I was out with my brother in law once. I had my kid in her carseat in the back of my truck. And we were approached while pulling out from a auto parts shop. They wanted to talk to me about "family values" and the roles a man and a wife should play to raise a kid. I looked at them and said "I'm gay" and pointed at my brother in law. I then told them that their "rules" didn't apply to us and have a nice day. They just stood and stared. I wonder if they were wondering which of us gave birth to the baby :D hehehe I love it!!!!

ROTFLMAO You guys are NUTS! I LOVE IT!

Andrew I have to admit I would never have thought you would have done something like that, but that was great!

I might have to try the answering the door naked thing. But then again I might get arrested for causing them to go blind. LOL

Same here! I want to do that after ordering pizza, and maybe ask them to come inside and have a drink or something like that.

I gotta admit... I don't like being bothered like that. I like wasting time of those that call me at home too. If they keep going, I keep going. So it is not all my fault. :jester:

he he he I have yet to pull the ultimate waste of time with a telimarketer. I have finaly got most of them to stop calling. Just tell them the person is dead a few times and eventualy it gets cleared. I can never think of the funny stuff when I am put on the spot. It is always after the fact. Maybe that is why I am not a comedian.

yeah I'm the same exact way: if they want to sell me shoes/foot wear = I lost my legs in a care accident, Lighting = I'm blind.

Otherwise I just start to talk to them about how my day was and what I'm planning to do tommorow if Kiran doean't stop talking all together.

The last company I worked for was owned by Jehovah's witnesses. One day we were sent a helper to work with us for the day. We found out he was a witness. So I started asking him some questions since The only thing I really knew about them was they were against misuse of blood. I asked him why and he said because it was dirty and carried diseases. So I told him that if you were going to die with out a transfusion wouldn't it be worth the risk of catching a disease. 99% chance that you are going to die if you don't get the transfusion VS. a .01% chance of catching a disease like hepatitis or HIV. I'll take my chances with the disease. (I made those numbers up and I'm sure they are not accurate so flaming me with the correct numbers.)

He was defensive the whole time I was asking him questions. I guess that other peoples reaction to him has made him defensive.

A few weeks later we are sent 3 more helpers. All three are witnesses. One of them I became pretty good friends with. Edwin Moses( no lie, thats his real name). We called him Moses. I would always give him a stick and tell him to make me a serpent. I even almost caused his wife to divorce and/or kill him one time but that's another story.
When I first worked with him I asked him the same questions about what they believed and about the blood issue. His answers at least made sense.
Me and the other non Jehovah's would spend hours asking stupid questions. Like are mosquitoes going to hell because they suck blood. Some of the questions we asked I can't repeat on here. One of the funniest questions was one of the guys asked that if only 144,000 people are going to get into heaven, why do the go out and try to recruit more people.

While I was working there I met a lot of Jehovah's (they hate when you call 'em that by the way) and I'm still friends with some of them. Believe it or not they are normal people. In my opinion they just believe some screwed up things. I guess it's the same with all religions though.

One thing I learned from them, they are very genuine people, they don't say one thing and do another. For the most part the live by what they believe, and I respect that a lot.

If you want to freak out a Jehovah just offer them some tomato juice. And when you give it to them have a big crazy guilty smile on your face.

Lol, what's the big deal with blood?

Good point about the 144,000 people in heaven. Very exclusive club lol. Of course this isn't a REAL number of people who get in.

I was thinking and it seems like if you had an eternity of existence, things would get boring eventually. Eventually everything would get done. You'd see , hear, say, and feel everything there is to feel. you'd know everyone and everything about them eventually. Only way to not have that happen is reincarnation or by god making you forget everything lmao!

The deal with blood, as seen by Jehovah's witnesses. In the bible God says that blood is sacred and all blood belongs to him. Blood should be disposed of by pouring in onto the ground.
Other's blood is also dirty as it can carry diseases.

They believe that any use of blood is a sin.

yeah and they are morons too. They want the open heart surgery, but they don't want any blood if they happen to need it. That makes really good sense to me. We crack their chests all the time to do open heart surgery and it is a really big deal when they are a "witness". You know the funny thing? They will take their own blood back via cell saver, but will not take autologous blood. Autologus meaning they donated it it previously so they could receive their own blood.

What the heck do I know though. I am just a agnostic sinner who likes sinful things, and in a confrontational mood today.

If I was approached by them I think I'd give them a reading list, and tell them not to come to me again as "authorities on the workings of the universe" until they'd at least studied the basics (usually they haven't).

. Autologus meaning they donated it it previously so they could receive their own blood.

:offtopic: :sorry: My wife just asked me a few days ago why we couldn't donate our own blood a few weeks before a major surgery so it's there if we need it... you can? That's what you're talking about or what?

I don't think you should call them morons just because their beliefs are different from yours. I'll admit some of their beliefs are really out there, but they are not morons. In my opinion a lot of the Christian beliefs are really out there. Jehovah's witness beliefs and normal christen beliefs are pretty similar.

Yes Andrew you can.

Back