What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karma....... pics :)

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
Well I got my new glider last night. She arrived at 7:22pm but they wouldn't let her or anyone off the plane until 9:10pm, there was a security breach, so we had a bit of a wait but it was well worth it. She is beautiful :) Here she is..

Karma018.jpg

And here she is with her soon to be mate, Pillowshade

KarmaandPillowshade007.jpg

KarmaandPillowshade009.jpg

They make a nice couple. :-O
How old is she? How old is he? At what age do gliders reach sexual maturity? (Sorry for the string of questions... just curious)

Attention All Security Personnel, We Have A Security Breech In D Concourse. I Repeat We Have A Snowbird Invasion On Concourse D. No One Is To Enter Or Leave Until The Snowbird Is In Custody.

Geeze! they're too CUTE!

Makes me want one even more!!!!

LOL @ 0zzy.

Joossa- The male is 10 months, Karma is 3 months. Males reach sexual maturity sooner than the female (geez boys are always so eager!). Females usually reach sexual maturity around 10 months but I have heard of some female gliders becoming pregnant at 4 months! I don't want that, it seems way too young for me. Usually you should wait till she is a year old. My glider who has a baby inpouch right now is 9 months and she's doing great! She hasn't pulled the baby out and killed it, which is sometimes what they do when they are young and don't know how to be a mom yet, but mine is being a great mommy :)

Farmer Dave- I want you (and your mom) to get one of my first glider babies! (Now I can see your home address, and you're in FL, so am I so it would be a lot easier to ship to you :D)

Last edited:
:O!

Sugar Gliders!!!! I didn't know you had sugar gliders! They are so cute! As soon as I found out about them I wanted to get one but it's so much of a hassle to get them! It requires going to an airport as mentioned above. x_x Plus they're expensive, but they're so damn cute! I also hear that they need A LOT of attention and I'm not sure I'd have enough time for em. :/

Man.. LUCKY!

Yes allot of the exotic animals need lots of attention especially these buggers

Nep_ak is right. You have to pay attention to sugar gliders everyday or else they will go back to their wild selves and then they can bite quite hard and they're just no fun to have if they're wild like that. They are a bit expensive, I agree, plus the shipping thing was a hassle, but totally worth it :)

my mom actually said that she would be more than happy to drive down to where you are.

BTW: thanks! you really seem to have your glider keeping skills perfected.

If I had a male i'd want to put a little wizards hat on him.

Lol, I dunno why.

That sounds like it would be funny, but you wouldn't be able to keep it on.

Oh yes I would. I'd glue it on. It would be blue with tiny little yellow stars on it.

Lol, just kidding lmao

Very cute. Best of luck to you all.

my mom actually said that she would be more than happy to drive down to where you are.

BTW: thanks! you really seem to have your glider keeping skills perfected.

Cool Farmer Dave, but it will be awhile till I get babies that I want to adopt out. This first one that's inpouch right now is staying with us :) So if you can hang on for a bit I'd be more than happy to help you out! Thanks for that last comment :) ;)

Glueing a hat to a gliders head?? :0o: :nono: :p

Lol, jk!

You have to post pics as soon as you can :)

Lol, I meant the babies

Uh oh, too late, I already glued the hat one :( Better get the scissors......

Might as well take some pics then.. I mean.. no use in wasting a perfectly good kodak moment.... :p

Ok I lied :( :sorry:

Back