What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Skin!!

Just made the forums narrower. This is the width of the old forums. That should help with the "large" look to it?

Now it looks more like the old forums.

I cant say i like it this narrow... Just my opinion

Andrew, i have to admit the new green, and especially the orange is hard to read. I do like the check boxes instead of the "post it note" icons though.

I have changed mine to the blue skin.

Of course we all do appreciate all the work you do in developing this forum!!
So i'm not complaining!! :hail:
Peter

hehe- me too finch. I didn't even notice it was wide. hahaha- I only noticed it cause someone else asked about narrowing their forum... So I looked back and sure enough, the old TF was narrow like this. (This is the widest a forum can be for people on a 800x600 resolution monitor and not have to scroll side to side)

hehe- me too finch. I didn't even notice it was wide. hahaha- I only noticed it cause someone else asked about narrowing their forum... So I looked back and sure enough, the old TF was narrow like this. (This is the widest a forum can be for people on a 800x600 resolution monitor and not have to scroll side to side)

Well you need to tell that person if she threw away her rotten apple and got a real computer she would have no problems.
:crazy:

The green skin is fine by me!

Jerry

Ozzy, I'm afraid you are mostly correct! It seems 800*600 is no longer the majority. Check out Browser stats It's time to get bigger monitors and move up!!! (I have a flat screen LCD widescreen monitor :p probably why I didn't notice the forum was wide.) Also, if you notice something within the forum is now too big (since I made the forum narrower) please tell me. But I think most of it is on a percentage basis.

Jerry!! My good friend!! LOL need a free N. hamata? hahahaha

I'm using my tiny 17 in.

Sure,just send it to ............ LOL :grin:

Jerry

I am ridding the orange.. and backing off on the green some. It will be a little while in the working.....

Okay- If you have gotten rid of the green skin... go back and take a look at it now. It should be much easier on your eyes. And not so much green that it looks bad. Just enough to .. uh.. be green. haha

This is MUCH better. That horrendous color that you had up this morning is best left as it was originally discovered.... diaper filling.. lol

The forum is now adjustable! If you want it wider, make your browser wider, If you want it narrow... Then make your browser more narrow. It will shrink all the way down to the size needed for 800x600 resolutions. But gives those of us with bigger resolutions the choice to use it. :-D

Ok, i have returned to the fold. the new green skin is OK!! Now that the hard to read orange is gone, it is much better.

Thanks,
Peter.:banana2:

Cool! I'm glad it is getting more attention (after working on it literally for 2 days LOL) Now the people who liked it before will hate it. hahaaa :-|

Edit: I know the catagories are still off... I'm still trying to figure that out.

Last edited:
Okay- If you have gotten rid of the green skin... go back and take a look at it now. It should be much easier on your eyes. And not so much green that it looks bad. Just enough to .. uh.. be green. haha

:rookwoot: Yah! Much better. My eyes thank you. And it's gotten wide body again. All these changes are making my head spin. Time to go get some sleep and see what tomorrow brings ;)

I didn’t get a chance to see the early green version. I like the skin as it is right now. Things look a bit smaller and more compact than they did with the blue one (which is good)… Certain things one the blue one seemed big… too big, in fact.

Good job Andrew! Over the last few weeks I have seen that you like to please people… or perhaps that’s just a requirement that comes with your new title?… :p

I also didn't see the old green one, but I really like this one. Just like you said Andrew, it's "planty" :) Good job and thanks for all your hard work! :bigthumpup:

Back