What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check Your options

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
As I was in my control panel changing the hideous green back to blue, I notice some options has been changed during the change over to the new wonderful forums that Andrew have given us.

The most important is the email feature. The option to let members email me was turned off.

I think every member should go take a look at your options to see if they are set to what you want them to be.

There are also some really cool new features.

Remember that if you select to have members email you, it will not give that person your email until you respond to their email.

:poke: People should check and edit their signatures while they are at it. These often did not convert over 100% (extraneous characters) and links to growlists need to be redone totally to point to the vBulletin post. :rant:

My fave new option is being able to view 40 posts per page instead of 10. Yay!

Ok... How come I can't just paste links directly into this little box thingie? It is because I use firefox?

Ok... How come I can't just paste links directly into this little box thingie? It is because I use firefox?

how can't you? be more clear LOL

What do you mean? Just paste from your clipboard with a ctl-v or right click paste. When you save the message the editor should recognize you typed in a url and make the necessary adjustments.

Or set your message editor to advanced mode (not WYSIWYG) and click the link button from the editor tool bar, paste in your url, click ok. The tool should paste in the url with the appropriate tags for vBulletin then highlight the alternate text which should be a repeat of the url you typed in. Type in your short cut text and continue on with your message.

Aaahh! Thank you! Now I can paste again!

I was on WYSIWYG.

what is a custom user title? its under "Edit Profile" id like to see what it did before i did it incase it was permenate.
Alex

what is a custom user title? its under "Edit Profile" id like to see what it did before i did it incase it was permenate.
Alex

See under my username on the left where it says "What, me worry?"? That's the custom title :D

Back